Yes, we have a jingle. Go on, sing it.
Hummable though it is, we couldn’t survive on a jingle alone. What customers love about Moonpig is the vast range of card designs, some funny, some sentimental, some beautiful, some risqué, some downright peculiar, that allow them to both express themselves and show they care.
Our ranges of cards combine well-known brands like Disney, Me to You, and Monsters Inc, with cards designed by our in-house creative team. We invented the personalised card market and continue to dominate it, but we have also moved successfully into a broader gift market, offering beautiful hand-made flower bouquets, personalised mugs, t-shirts, wines and spirits, Montezuma chocolates, soft toys, wall art and recently gift boxes.
We don’t all march round our office like Oompa-Lumpas singing the Moonpig jingle, but we do have fun doing what we do. Often inspiration comes from our customers, who are endlessly creative with the cards they send and who genuinely engage on an emotional level with the brand. For our part, we are passionate about the quality of the service we offer. We do everything to make sure every one of the thousands of Moonpig products we ship everyday arrives on time and makes someone’s day.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated individual with a desire to produce customer-centric design solutions and play an integral role in driving forward innovative designs across multiple platforms (mobile/tablet/desktop) from start to finish.
As a UX designer, you will be the customer’s champion within the team to make sure we deliver the best experience possible. You will have experience of user-research and testing, UI design, information architecture and helping to developing visual patterns and styles.
Lean UX is an important part of this role. Working within an Agile environment, you will rapidly build prototypes to validate ideas and concepts with our users and the team, before they are fully developed. Once the ideas have been developed by the team you will be expected to review the products performance and suggest improvements.
What you’ll be doing
At Moonpig, we like to do things a little differently, but we’ll still expect you to do the following:
- Working closely with product owners and developers in an Agile environment to develop customer-centric solutions
- Developing prototypes from concepts for testing
- Conducting usability tests and A/B tests to validate your assumptions
- Present test findings to the team
- Monitor success of products and iterate design for better performance
- Manage your workflow and help prioritise products and features
What experience do you have?
The person we are looking for should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Expert knowledge of UX principles and methodologies
- Strong communication and collaborative skills with stakeholders and peers
- Strong interactive design knowledge across multiple platforms (mobile/tablet/desktop)
- All-round UX documentation skills, such as creating flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes
- Experience of Lean UX principles and how to apply them
- Experience of rapid prototyping and early validation
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Passion for emerging web technologies
What can Moonpig offer you?
- A competitive salary
- To be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the business
- An opportunity to work with a great brand and on a product with an ambitious roadmap
- A key role within our development team
- An opportunity to work with cutting-edge web technologies and be part of a culture that encourages innovation.
If the above sounds interesting, then respond below with your CV and a bit of info about yourself.