A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design Industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online marketplace where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global. And we are backed by a number of high profile investors including LocalGlobe, a large US venture capital fund (Canvas Ventures), Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica.
WHERE ARE WE?
We have a beautiful office in Farringdon, London. However, we’re now a fully-remote company and are delighted to accept applications from people who want to work fully or partly remotely.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As part of our ambitious plans to extend our product range, Eporta is looking for a Lead to own Product Design within the company.
It’s a leadership position, so you’d report directly to the VP Product and own people, vision, strategy and process across the product design function. You’ll partner closely with the VP Product and wider product team to define the product vision. And you’d be empowered to use your experience and knowledge to evangelise across the business and improve how we work.
We’re still a small team so you’d run strategically-important initiatives in one of our product teams whilst having line management responsibility for our Product Designers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Line Manager for one senior product designer initially – with plans to grow this over time
- Own, maintain and evolve the eporta design system
- Lead the user experience from conception to release, in partnership with product managers and engineers
- Develop a deep understanding of our users – as users of eporta products and beyond
- Continually raise our bar for quality within visual design and UX
- Collaborate closely with the Product Managers and Tech Leads to realise concepts, ensure solutions fit business goals and technical constraints
- Test and iterate on concepts and designs
- Carry out user research to develop insights from user research that inform squad goals and product strategy
- Collaborate with the Head of Development, VPs and Product Designers to improve how we conceive, test and deliver great products to our users
- Evangelise Product design within the wider business
All the usual expectations of an experienced product designer plus:
- You facilitate great design: whether that means pairing with front-end developers, running workshops, or working with other designers to improve our processes
- You’re self-motivated and eager to learn
- You have coaching and mentoring experience
- You’re highly collaborative
- Experience working on and shaping early stage products end-to-end
- Experience working in a tech / startup environment
BONUS POINTS FOR…
Experience working with B2B products, complex products and/or SaaS tools
Send us your CV and a link to your portfolio. No cover letter needed.