Job Title: Product UX Designer
Reports To: Director, Product Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for creating consumer centric designs that facilitate an enhanced user experience and define how ClearStar products look and feel. Understand user behaviors, emotional and functional needs with the ultimate goal of creating an experience that is both effective, engaging and enjoyable. Analyze and measure application use to improve usability and evaluate user experience effectiveness. Work closely with engineers and the Product Managers in delivering beautiful, fun-to-use applications and features.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
Conduct usability testing and ongoing user testing, to test ideas with actual users and customers and to continue to refine designs
- Gather user regular, continuous user feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a product
- Develop wireframes and prototypes for customer needs and stories in collaboration with Product Managers
- As a contributor on the product team, along with the product manager and engineers, collaborate to discover and deliver solutions to customer and business problems that are both effective and innovative.
- Implement user experiences that attractive and fun to use
- Develop visual and interaction designs that support multiple platforms (web, mobile, desktop, etc.) and include typography, composition, and brand visualization.
- Find creative ways to solve complex UX problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes with developers
- Conduct competitive analysis of other applications that operate in the same space
- Participate and assist in product related projects and other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
· Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
· Proficient with visual design programs
· Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
· Proficient in design / prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq)
· Strong planning, organizational and presentation skills necessary
· Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with little direction
· Strong written and verbal communication skills – to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
· Advanced problem-solving skills
· Continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategies and technologies