Job Title: Type: Department:
Product Manager Full-time
ClearStar is a leader in background and medical screening technology, developing innovative products that have helped companies hire better for 25 years. The company has expanded quickly, and we have just secured additional investment to meaningfully accelerate our growth.
To achieve our ambitions, we are now creating new, empowered product teams to build cutting-edge products. Reporting directly to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager will lead one of these new teams, ensuring the value and viability of the product. The Product Manager will be expected to develop and champion the vision of the products, serving as the biggest advocate for end-users and stakeholders while working closely with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, DevOps and Client Service teams. The ideal candidate will be passionate, innovative, and accountable in terms of delivering value to the users and customers.
- Develop the vision and strategy for your product and clearly articulate the business value to the organization and the product team.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas.
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the product.
- Work closely with users and customers to generate insights and develop new ideas.
- As a contributor on the product team, along with the product designer and engineers, collaborate to discover and deliver solutions to customer and business problems that are both effective and innovative.
- Manage the release process by defining what the team will deliver, the implementation timeline, and dependencies.
- Define product marketing communication objectives and plans.
- Obtain product market share by working with sales leaders to develop product sales
- Act as a product evangelist, both internally and externally.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the success of the product throughout its lifecycle, using strong influencing skills to orchestrate different functional teams across the organization (e.g. sales, marketing, operations).
- Help define key KPIs, track performance and continuously update/fine tune our approach
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Rigorous, data-driven, and experimental mindset, preferring evidence over intuition for decision-making throughout discovery and delivery.
- 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well- structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.