Limitless choice isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. After a point, adding more options gets overwhelming. It stops us choosing at all. Or leaves us regretting the choices we make.
Here at 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. Studying the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high street, and bringing those qualities into the digital world through intelligent guided selling technology.
Today we power thousands of confident consumer choices every day across some of the largest brands in the world, including Verizon, T-Mobile, Virgin, EE and Sky. And with every interaction, we’re gathering unique customer profile data which can be sent back to our customers in real-time to drive a highly personalised ongoing experience.
We’re a company that’s growing fast and we have big ambitions for the next few years – launching new products, scaling our platform and entering new markets and geographies. We’re excited about the opportunity ahead of us and we’re looking for like-minded people to help us achieve our vision.
About the role
We are in a crucial stage of our product lifecycle and we are now looking for an experienced Head of product who can help us execute our product strategy and realise our ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of a fast growth business – leading a highly talented and multi-disciplinary product team, including Product Managers, Product Owners, Data Science, UX and Design.
You will own the holistic view of the product and ensure all teams and initiatives across the business are aligned to our product strategy.
You will be accountable for execution and delivery across our three core strategic pillars of Sophistication, Value and Scale – implementing the roles, processes and tools that the business needs to achieve our goals.
You will bring the energy, leadership skills and product management acumen needed to execute our strategy and create a highly efficient and motivated product team.
Your accountabilities will be split across three areas – Leadership, Execution & Strategy:
- Leading a team including Product Managers, Data Science, UX and Design
- Creating an environment where everyone has the headspace, support and autonomy to excel
- Leading a product-led growth culture across the business – ensuring that the product team is working with all areas of the business in the most effective way
- Successful execution of the product strategy across multiple scrum teams/guilds
- Implementing best practice product delivery across the business – ensuring the right roles, tools, and processes are in place to achieve our goals
- Helping the team to navigate logistical challenges that arise when scaling up a complex SaaS product
- Creating and owning a blueprint for best practice that ensures consistency across all implementations of our product
- Working with the CEO and PDMs to define product strategy – ensuring that the strategy always aligns to business goals and outcomes
- Owning the holistic view of the product – ensuring all initiatives across the business are aligned to the product strategy
- Communicating the product strategy and vision internally and externally
The skills and experience we’re looking for
- Proven leader with experience within a Head of Product or Head of Product Management role, ideally within a B2B SaaS business
- Extensive experience within a senior product management role, ideally within a complex product setting
- Proven ability to execute product strategy across multiple strategic tracks – designing and owning a product delivery process
- Experience working with enterprise customers – with an understanding of how to balance customer input with product/IP development
- Deep understanding of how to scale a complex product with evidence of success within a ‘scale up’ environment
Type of person we’re looking for
- A natural leader who can galvanise a team towards a shared goal
- Commercially minded, able to link everything back to business outcomes
- A meticulous planner who is known as someone who delivers
- Able to see the bigger picture while being the first to jump in where required
- Passionate about product management and product leadership with an active role in the product community
- An interest in the world of digital humanisation – with an understanding of the key innovations and technologies driving this forward (ie bots)
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
Our Cultural Values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
Our office and remote working
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. However, we’re currently all working from home and we’ll be taking a cautious approach to returning to our much loved office.
Our plan moving forward is to have a remote workforce that can work from any location in the UK, but that also have access to our Brighton office space when they choose. We believe this offers ultimate flexibility to our team, and is reflective of how people will work in future. We also recognise that this will allow us to bring in a wider range of talent to our business, which is something that we’re really excited about.
For this integral role, we ask that you work from the office for at least 2 days a week, once we have it fully open again.
When in the office, we have flexible workspaces, which means you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings. However, we will of course be following strict social distancing and health & safety guidelines for as long as is advised.
What we’re offering
- A role on the senior leadership team
- EMI share options
- Remote working for up to 3 days per week (2 to be spent in the office)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential counselling)
- Medicash healthcare scheme (reclaim costs for dental, physiotherapy, osteopathy and optical care)
- easitBrighton travel scheme (discounted public transport options)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Other extras in the office
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: lunch and talks every Friday
- Yoga and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, including Friday drinks and book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs