We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on simplifying and accelerating the legal portion of any property transaction using technology. This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. Despite the unprecedented challenges facing early stage businesses, we have recently closed our seed round (£3.3m in April 2020) with the backing of the very best early stage venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp) alongside strategic investment from some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (JLL, Starwood Capital and Investec).
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence – an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
In order to achieve the above we’re creating a brand new team for a greenfield project. We already have an 8 person team building our existing legal product, which has a strong product/market fit. We are now looking for a passionate Product Manager to take ownership of our product on this new team. This is an exciting opportunity to create truly innovative software and the roadmap you define will shape the direction and success of the product. You’ll have regular access to users and in-house experts to validate and generate new ideas, and will work with a cross-functional team comprising product design, software engineering, and data science to build and iteratively ship new features. As well as being in a creative role you’ll have plenty of scope for diving into data and analysing user behaviour to measure the success of the new features you’ve released.
You will get the chance to:
– Manage the roadmap: capture, understand and prioritise ideas from a wide range of inputs, and ensure the team is always working on the most impactful features;
– Understand our business strategy and deliver product improvements that create value for our customers and positively impact the company’s growth and revenue;
– Regularly speak to customers to build up a deep understanding of the problems they face, and then help the team to understand those problems and how they align with our product vision;
– Collaborate with the team to scope bold and ambitious solutions to their smallest coherent deliverable unit, and ensure that the right feature is shipped to customers as early as possible;
– Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative analysis;
– Own and maintain the quality of the product and ensure we are always improving the software in every release;
– Motivate a group of committed, smart people to deliver a great product for their users.
You should apply if:
– You have 3-6 years’ experience in a Product Manager role and have helped grow an early stage product (ideally in a B2B SaaS company, but this is not essential);
– You have worked collaboratively with a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers and data scientists and have shipped features that made a valuable impact to both the users and the business;
– You are able to think deeply about product design decisions and can guide the team to create simple and intuitive user interfaces that remove complexity for users;
– You can communicate clearly and persuasively about your product decisions and the rationale behind them, and are comfortable making decisions without consensus or based on imperfect information;
– You’ve conducted user research and have used qualitative customer insights to guide product decisions;
– You love diving into quantitative user data to analyse user behaviour and generate insights from experiments you’ve run in your product;
– You take initiative, think entrepreneurially, and require minimal direction;
– You’re organised and structured in your work and how you communicate;
– You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically;
– You’re able to converse knowledgeably with engineers about the technical aspects of building software.
What’s on offer:
– Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options in a fast growing start-up
– Flexible working hours and location; should you choose to work from home or need a change of scenery for a few days you will have access to 40+ TOG offices in London and even more around the world
– 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
– Professional equipment and personal development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop your skills
– Cycle-to-work scheme
– An inclusive community enjoying all-company off-sites, lunches and socials
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising