New Vitality Overview: We are a small but powerful team of 50 who have built two #1 Category Leading Men’s Health supplement brands – Super Beta Prostate® and Ageless Male® – sold through D2C, On-Line, and Retail channels throughout the US and Canada. As a growing company, we have our sights set on expanding into other categories where we can apply our proven business model to develop and promote category leading products. We are US based remote with a company office in Burlington, VT and Hauppauge, NY.
Although we are now working remotely from a variety of locales, we pay great attention to maintain a connected culture centered on humility, respect and appreciation. Since 2017 we’ve been recognized every year as a “Best Places to Work” company, including in 2020.
ROLE SUMMARY: New Vitality is looking for an experienced, passionate Brand Manager & Leader who will be responsible for leading product innovation, market development and community building for our new Ageless Male® Performance Nutrition line, which helps men over 35 achieve their fitness goals with purpose-built supplements and workout formulations. This position will report directly to the SVP, Merchandising & Retail.
We seek an “intrapreneur” who can meld the science of pragmatic analytical thinking with the creativity required to translate consumer insights and trend mining to yield compelling, market leading products and marketing campaigns. They will also strategize and help effect efforts to build a passionate community of advisors, influencers, and customer ‘ambassadors’ who will create and promote digital content to support the brand.
We are a small team with a scrappy culture, and you can expect to be hands-on to get things done, not simply directing others towards outcomes.
This is a rare opportunity to architect and build a new brand family from near whole cloth.
· Be the Brand. Champion, develop and execute brand vision, strategies and innovation pipeline. Ensure the organization maintains discipline and consistency in executing on brand equity and identity.
· Mine category and consumer insights to develop segment leading products and positioning through:
o Exhaustive category knowledge and vigilant assessment of the competitive landscape
o Immersive understanding of target customer’s habits, behaviors, aspirations and attitudes.
o Lead product innovation working with a savvy & lean team who can move numbly to take concepts to our omni-channel market.
o Test Concepts to optimize positioning, pricing, claims and volume forecast
o Own and drive all the deliverables for the concept development and validation stages of our light-weight innovation process (claims, positioning, packaging, size of prize, etc.)
· Drive engagement and collaboration with Channel Sales, Marketing Services, and Operations through product launch and life-cycle.
· Strategize and help effect efforts to build a passionate community of advisors, influencers, and customer ‘ambassadors’ who will create and promote digital content to support the brand.
o Build an Advisory team who can support product and market development opportunities.
o Develop strategies related to the role of influencers in building brand awareness and sales velocity.
· Work with CEO & Business Development to explore brand partnership and acquisition opportunities.
· Achieve target Revenue growth and profit contribution margin targets for your brand
o Be mindful of ingredient costs and target COGS during product innovation
o Work with channel leaders to set pricing based on competitive set and customer margin requirements, costs, etc.
o Propose media support levels for each sales channel and collaborate with Marketing to develop creative formats and marketing outlets used
o Invest in digital brand-building activities and collaborations while mindful of the overarching goal of ensuring all promotional activities drive sales velocity.
o Analyze SKU performance & provide SKU rationalization recommendation within owned categories
· 7+ years of CPG brand management experience, ideally in a health/wellness segment distributed through FDM.
· Proven success in product development, marketing and brand building that has won market share in a competitive segment.
· Experience working with category leaders at retail partners, ideally in FDM, with track record of proven trust and authority in products you’ve represented
· Analytical skills:
o Experience leveraging complex sets of data and consumer research to build a case for innovation.
o Experience using AC Nielsen, Numerator, SPINS or IRI
o Strong critical thinking and a mindset for data-driven decision-making
· Highly collaborative and capable of inspiring passion for your brand in a multi-functional team that also supports other brands
· Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits: We believe in the philosophy ‘be healthy, live better’ for our customers and especially for our employees. We encourage healthier lifestyles through affordable benefits and company activities that promote physical activity and company morale.
*Paid Time Off (eligible as accrued first 90 days)
*Flexible Spending Account (after 60 days)
*Medical, Dental & Vision (after 60 days)
*Company paid Life Insurance (after 60 days)
*Employee discounts on New Vitality products
*401k Plan with Company Match (eligible date of hire)
Send resume along with salary requirements.