Position: Platforms Data Analyst
Contract: 9 months Fixed term contract
Salary: From £36,216 per annum (pro rata)
Start date: ASAP
The Business Services division is seeking an enthusiastic data analyst for our revenues & services Salesforce Platforms team.
You will be primarily responsible for designing and producing a series of operational Salesforce Dashboards working with Salesforce system administratorsanalystssuper-users across a variety of business areas such as Customer Services, Finance, Sales and Marketing. Working with the Senior Business Analyst, the Platforms Operations Support Manager and the Platforms agile team you will also provide support for ad hoc reporting, data analysis and data flows using Data Loaderspreadsheets. You will also assist with general data quality and ad hoc data work such as Google Forms responses.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to be highly skilled and knowledgeable in reporting and spreadsheets. You will have previous experience in analysing, modelling and interpreting large sets of data, have an appreciation of data modelling principles and be interested in developing and recommending approaches to resolving data issues.
This role is based out of our Cardiff office, however the models of working at BMJ support a flexible approach; it is expected that the role will be ‘remote first’. To successfully fulfil the role, you will be required to attend our Cardiff office at least one day a week and will be expected to regularly attend ad hoc meetings with users and stakeholders based in our Cardiff or London offices (or somewhere in between) when times are more normal.
- Engage with super-users and key stakeholders of BMJ’s central CRM, Salesforce
- Interact with various key stakeholders, user groups and internal technical teams to capture data analysis reporting requirements for Customer Services, Finance, Sales and Marketing
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate Salesforce Dashboards and data reports and make recommendations for improving data quality
- Champion the quality of the data being reported from our Salesforce platform
- Lead on enhancing and adding value to all reporting from our Salesforce platform
- At least 3 years experience of information analysis using a variety of techniques systems
- SQL knowledge as well as an understanding of database structures
- Expert spreadsheet skills
- Relevant work experience in a similar role, specifically in the area of commercial and financial reporting
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Tashan Chong-Kan on 0203 6555508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organizational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focussing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover
- Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in