Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies (Infojobs, Leboncoin, Fotocasa, Blocket, Milanuncios, Letsdeal…) every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
- Conduct market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers as well as analyzed of product data.
- Craft product strategy that executes on Schibsted vision and harmonizes with other product strategies in the group.
- Develop go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to the business case.
- Communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholders to get them on the same page.
- Working with UX translating research into deep understanding of the target users, their needs and how to deliver product value and delight.
- Work with Engineering lead to initiate and prioritize projects, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods including what parts to build vs. buy.
- Work with design and UX creating preliminary design concepts and work closely with engineering to implement and iterate them.
- Develop product launch plans together with engineering, marketing and sales and finally launch product.
- An excellent understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness
- Ability to apply the best organizational, analytical and problem solving skills to product development and strategy.
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and, if applicable, that they are willing to pay.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other Science field or equivalent practical experience (PhD preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving aptitude combined with brilliant communication skills
- Outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for digital media and advertising products
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadershipUnderstand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch
Do you have a visionary mind and a fearless desire to challenge the status quo? Do you want to develop brilliant products that touch and delight millions of people in the everyday life? Do you want to fulfill an entrepreneurial desire and build the next great internet giant while being part of a proud 175 year old history of innovation?
If this sounds tempting, then being a Product Manager in the Schibsted Media Group is the right place to be. We have various Product Management roles, each responsible for managing the entire life cycle of one of our products: Media, Advertising, Classified or Identity. It’s about taking an idea and guiding it through development to launch and beyond. You will set the product vision and strategy based on a profound understanding of the users’ needs, prioritize and guide development, and finally make sure that the product ships with maximum impact. You will be the evangelist of the vision, both internally and externally, and be the voice of the user when working closely with engineering, design, sales, and marketing. You will be flexible, have a holistic view of the product and take pride in having full responsibility of the product’s success.
Being a Product Manager is not easy, but for the right person it is probably one of the most fulfilling, satisfying and fun things you can do! We have multiple positions at all levels in our offices in Oslo, Stockholm, London and Barcelona.