Sugar is a financing platform that offers flexible, quick and efficient financing to help game studios and app developers scale-up. The games industry is driven by metric and we specialise in providing capital through data-driven finance, at the right time
Our metrics-driven loans can help studios to scale-up quickly and take them from a few thousand users to a few hundred thousand users and beyond.
At the heart of everything we do is a deep understanding of the key metrics of games and apps, as well as what drives their performance. Our solutions can support a studio at any stage of its lifecycle and we are embedded in the games and apps ecosystem.
We are on a mission to revolutionise finance for the digital economy
This is an exciting opportunity to scope out, design and build the technology platform that will drive Sugar’s credit check and financing process. We want to build a fully automated, data driven platform, integrating with several external partners, to provide a customer with a seamless onboarding experience
With our MVP completed, the next step is to build a customer facing platform which integrates our game expertise, models and technology enabled financing processes.
A Day in the Life
- Design end to end process for our three products
- Design financing process, loan management system and tracking.
- Building and developing process around credit checks (CreditSafe etc) of businesses, directors and UBOs
- Understanding of customer journey and required UX/UI to minimise onboarding time and hassle.
- Ability to work closely with founders and tech team to build and design a scalable fully automated platform
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a product owner at a fintech business
- Deep knowledge of lending processes and how to automate them
- Understanding of credit checks, KYC/AML regulations and solvency tests
- Familiarity with transaction monitoring / core banking products
Nice To Have
- A person with experience of designing and building financial technology platforms, especially within the lending space.
- Someone with a high degree of technology expertise to understand how best to automate and build serverless platforms.
- Someone with unique knowledge of how to automate credit checks, and solvency analysis for customers.
- Direct experience of working and integrating with Plaid, Codat, Modulr, CreditSafe or similar platforms.
Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Be Open: communicate openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
Competitive salary plus equity options
25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr etc (something for your mental health)
Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
Early finish on the final Friday of each month
High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
Get in touch
Please send your CV and a cover note to email@example.com
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.