What is the opportunity
RBC Ventures is a new kind of organization – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work. We are seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Senior Product Manager to join our team for our ARRIVE venture.
Over 1 million newcomers are expected to land in Canada in the next 3 years, with the goal of making Canada their new home. Arrive is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Product Manager who is obsessed with solving the painpoints newcomers face in their journey to moving and settling in Canada. You are inspired by the idea of helping newcomers to Canada get their new life off to a great start.
What will you do?
- Work with the team to drive product innovation by finding new opportunities for expanding into new markets and segments.
- Define the product strategy, draft and own a roadmap, and then deliver on the roadmap
- Understand our key drivers, customer use cases, and full user flow impact across all platforms
- Define and manage the requirements for each product feature, articulate these requirements and create detailed User Stories and prioritize team backlogs in accordance to our business drivers
- Ensure optimal delivery by removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance and develop contingency plans to demonstrate adaptability while supporting continuous learning
- Bridge technical, business and creative worlds, engaging with matrixed teams including development, UX/UI design, copy, legal, risk and compliance
- Drive internal stakeholders and cross functional business unit engagements necessary for an optimal on-time launch
What do you need to succeed?
You are committed to seeing things through to execution, and when required you roll up your sleeves to get the job done, no matter the task at hand.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in developing and translating business strategy into product strategy, product roadmaps and driving great execution
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems, processes, and team behaviours that lead to high performing product teams
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity, with a very strong passion for using data to influence business decisions and strategic investments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with integrity and confidence to liaise with executives and senior management
- In-depth knowledge of agile processes and principles, with the ability to provide direction to the agile team and stakeholders throughout
- Extensive experience developing use cases, epics and stories in a clear and concise manner, enabling the engineering team to deliver maximum productivity and value
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and prioritizing the backlog in accordance to business and technology drivers
- Experience with remote work and its unique challenges
- Experience working and navigating within a complex organizations to accomplish goals
- An entrepreneurial mindset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Opportunities to do challenging work