Who are we?
Pronounced “You and I”, UENI provides low-cost, easy solutions to help small businesses get online and grow their business. We are the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow. UENI is a distributed team of 70+ people working remotely from 11 countries and growing! We take pride in our professional, learning-oriented, and friendly working environment that values constantly doing our best in every aspect of our work. This is a remote position, we will be considering candidates in Europe / Africa (ie no more than 2hr +/- GMT). Please note that at this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in the United Kingdom. All other candidates join our team as a full-time independent contractor and are responsible for paying any taxes or fees where they reside.
How do we stand out?
- UENI builds the website for the small business – we are NOT a do-it-yourself website builder. We ensure the small business gets online and doesn’t get stuck mid-way through the process.
- We build the business a website and a Google My Business page for FREE, there is no catch.
- UENI combines technology and operational processes. Robots, meet humans.
- The website is transactional from day one – the business can make sales and take bookings as soon as he receives his website.
- UENI partners with companies that offer great tools built for small businesses. We curate everything from bank accounts, insurance and loans to marketing tools, accounting software, and point of sale devices to offer small businesses the best products at the best prices.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking to hire an exceptional product manager who is passionate about creating world-class products and can bring a wealth of experience leading cross-functional teams. You will be joining a small team of Product Managers, working with developers, designers, product marketing, customer success, and the management to build a fast-evolving product. You will be participating in all stages of the product development process and will have a real impact on the product.
Who are we looking for?
You will fit in well in our team if you are a good team player and communicator, cooperative and can resolve potential conflicts productively, and have working experience with building SaaS products. You have a healthy obsession with user journeys, product design, and development. A good understanding of project management techniques and software development methodologies in addition to an understanding of UX design are a big plus. You will be a perfect match with our team if you love collaborating with people from all disciplines, always try to look at the big picture, and want to take ownership of your work. You might not be a coder but you’re comfortable in technical discussions. You can translate complex ideas into simple terms and help engineers break down concepts into smaller deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, in an Agile/Lean environment
- Experience in startup B2C and B2B environments
- Prior SaaS experience, ideally working with website builders, eCommerce, or fin-tech
- B.S. (or equivalent) in communications, science, engineering, mathematics, or computer science.
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen. You’ll always be thinking about how you can measure success and deliver on our objectives.
Why should you join us?
- We are growing. We’ve helped 600,000 small businesses globally…and we are just getting started
- We are partnered with Google and Facebook and have joined Facebook’s eCommerce Accelerator program
- We’ve raised $30m from Angel Investors
- You will be given responsibility from day one
- We reward success with further responsibility and competitive compensation. We give you skin in the game!
- We are a serious team of international professionals that want to change the world
- Flexible working: remote, in-office, or some combination of the two. *
- Attractive equity options package – We all share a stake in UENI’s success.
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development in a people-focused organization.
*A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we’re currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it’s safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote, or some combination of the two.