Chalktalk is a growing edtech company hiring an early PM to lead some exciting expansion initiatives, including a marketplace for teachers to share materials with each other, the first-ever in class online synchronous group activity, a curriculum ingestion engine, and an adaptive learning algorithm based on state of the art skill measurement. Email your resume and a paragraph about your interest in the role to email@example.com
Location: New York City preferred, remote possible
At Chalktalk we believe that talent is universal but opportunity is not and that education is human. Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are incredibly valuable and have done a lot to raise access to education, but nothing beats the experience of learning with your teacher and peers.
We are working to become the world’s most valuable learning technology company, powering human-led real-time learning for all students. Notable investors include: Deborah Quazzo, Managing Partner of GSV Ventures; TJ Mahoney, Partner at Accomplice VC and CEO/founder of Flipkey (acquired by TripAdvisor); and key operators from General Assembly.
We are looking for a leader to design the architecture required to 10x our user base and lead the team in executing on that plan. Among other things you will work on a marketplace for teachers to share materials with each other, the first-ever in class online synchronous group activity, a curriculum ingestion engine, and an adaptive learning algorithm based on state of the art skill measurement.
ChalkTalk is 15 people and growing, 4 work out of our headquarters in our NYC office. This role is based out of NYC to work alongside the founder & CEO as well as COO.
- Work with the CEO, COO, to turn vision into a product roadmap
- Work with engineering to break down product requirements into actionable tickets and a timeline during the agile sprint process
- Be the CEO of your products. Unblock the team and ship on time.
- Design low fidelity prototypes and user test them and the shipped product
- Obsession with optimal user experience
- Experience in designing and developing complex systems
- Experience with user testing and the sprint process
- Expert level comfort with learning technical tools (ex. Zapier) and general SaaS products
Why work at ChalkTalk?
- You want to help provide the best education possible to everyone on the planet.
- Proven score improvements on third-party state test 2-6x higher than the control group in a fraction of the time. Big impact with vulnerable student populations.
- We’re profitable. Company grew 10x in revenue in 6 months and has several of the top 100 largest school districts in the US as customers.
- Founder/CEO is on his third education company, first currently operational in 3 countries and author of the first SAT Prep book for ESL learners. COO was first hire at TrueMotion, now at 200+ people and 60% of its market. Did research for NASA, DARPA, NSF and CERN.
- Competitive salary, equity, and healthcare.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short cover letter