As part of our in house team your will work alongside one other designer, creating UX assets, design and plans for our software products, from initial brief through to final execution. You will work closely with Development, QA and the Product Owners in an agile environment. The Senior UX Designer must have strong knowledge of UX and familiarity of web technologies and UI.
The role will predominantly focus on B2B UX design and so the successful applicant will have extensive experience in a B2B UX design role.
- Driving user centred design adoption in multiple work streams
- Design user flows for web and mobile experiences
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and contribute to the product roadmap in collaboration with product owners and developers
- Conducting qualitative research to gain an understanding of reasons, opinions, and motivations of users using unstructured or semi-structured techniques
- Creating mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes ahead of development
- Usability testing new and existing products using prototypes, both internally and with external clients
- Prototyping new functionality and products, both for desktop and mobile to aid product development
- Work closely with the product team to provide user experience input
- Ensuring a cohesive and consistent experience across our branded software suite
- Strong understanding and practice of UX and design principles
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Creation of graphical elements such as icons, splash screen, avatars etc.
- Experience with creating both raster and vector graphics
- Design of desktop and mobile web applications
- Usability testing of prototypes and products
- Experience with mental models and user journeys
- Experience with making user personas
- Experience working within an agile environment
- A creative thinker with advanced skills in design, layout and interactive engagement
- Strong eye for details
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience of working within an enterprise and/or platform environment
- Experience with source control (Git)
The ideal candidate will possess excellent and attention to detail and communication skills.
They will be cooperative, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude with a high level of ownership and tenacity with a can-do attitude. They will enjoy working within a fast paced and dynamic team.
A generous salary, bonus and benefits package along with a comfortable working environment within a friendly and social team is offered to the successful applicant.
The best people deserve only THE best…
At AAM, we offer employees the following fantastic benefits package:
- Annual Bonus for all employees
- 23 days holiday per year PLUS 3 days over the Christmas period.
- Flexible working practices
- Private medical insurance
- Medical cash back plan
- Income protection insurance
- Life insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Loyalty Discount Cards
- Daily Fruit Drops
- Last Friday of each month Social