The role is a management position at Talend requiring your entrepreneurial skills, your people skills, and your product management skills. You will be responsible for the direction of one of the Talend’s SaaS product lines. The position would ideally be based in Suresnes, France, or Nantes, France.
Being a Director Product Management at Talend means you have a very strong understanding of the mechanics of product management from strategy to backlog. You are customer obsessed. You can get stuff done without help. Navigating the complexity of multiple product lines and managing through dependencies is second nature to you. You coach your team and set demanding yet realistic goals.
You exemplify and excel in all the traits we want from a PM (curious, empathetic, resilient, logical, purposeful). You will especially feel an affinity for making the business successful by generating revenue as the best way to realize Talend’s vision to take the work out of working with data. You continuously monitor key product adoption, retention, and expansion metrics, analyze them, and let them shape where we invest next.
- Guide a team of product managers who will maintain the product roadmap
- Empower the team and use OKRs to align to company goals
- Help with prioritization across the whole product portfolio
- Partner closely with engineering
- Know what good UX is and make great design a key success factor for your products
- Be the go-to person for other departments when it comes to your products
Key skills and experience:
- Long experience of product management with proven experience with SaaS / PaaS
- Have scaled SaaS products in the B2B space
- Practical experience in Product-led growth
- Guidance and mentoring of other PMs
- Strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Very strong oral and written English communication skills
- Willingness to travel when needed
We value diversity and it starts with our management team: https://www.talend.com/about-us/leadership/.
Ideal candidates come with hands-on experience in applied machine learning driving business outcomes with data driven micro-decisions. Domain knowledge in data management, data governance or data quality are a plus but not required. Fluency in French will certainly help.