We’re looking for a savvy strategist with a mind that can constantly assess value and reprioritize accordingly to join our Product team.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
Questions you will help answer day to day
We believe in ruthless prioritization. We challenge ourselves constantly to maximize value for the customer, be that internal or external. The right candidate will be a savvy strategist with a mind that can constantly assess value and reprioritize accordingly.
We believe in MVP and testing ideas so we can fail fast, and find winners faster. For every challenge or opportunity, we ask how can we solve the problem in the most efficient way possible?
We spend a lot of time with our stakeholders, and the right person will be able to ask the right questions to get to the heart of the problem that the stakeholder wants solved.
Things you’ll be working on
- Responsible for impacting and delivering against a set of KPI’s you have identified with your team and business stakeholders
- Using both qualitative and quantitative methods to understand customer behaviours and then use that knowledge to deliver value
- Presenting results and feedback to the business and senior stakeholders
- Requirements gathering from multiple stakeholders throughout the business
- (De)scoping, sizing with tech
- Liaising with business owners to business case features
- Working on multiple features simultaneously with the design and development teams, ensuring that they are completed accurately and within tight deadlines
- Product documentation, reporting and analysis
- Light QA work on product features
Like our Tech colleagues, the Product team is mostly based in our group HQ in London, but we have Product Managers in Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Warsaw too. We use both Kanban and Scrum to deliver quality software for our members and internal users.
The ideal candidate has…
- A proven track record working in software development in a fast-paced e-commerce environment, ideally with Travel sector experience
- Highly numerate; comfortable finding the narrative in data
- A demonstrable ability in managing complex backlogs
- Experience running AB testing programs
- Experience with user testing methods#
- A confident project manager and leader of cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Working knowledge of tools: Jira, GA
- A believer in MVP and follower of Eric Ries The Lean Start Up philosophy
- Commercial experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment
And you are…
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
Eager to solve any problem thrown at you
- A critical thinker, never just accepting an obvious solution but going to the core of the issue
- Data driven and customer centric
- Keen to have real ownership while working as part of the team
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Results driven, yet light hearted and fun
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.