Hubble is the UK’s largest online marketplace for flexible office space and placed 26th on Deloitte’s list of Fastest Growing Technology Companies in the UK.
Founded in 2014, Hubble has raised over £9m in venture capital to date, from some of the biggest names in property & venture capital, including Starwood Capital, JLL, Downing Ventures, PiLabs, Seedcamp and Entrepreneur First. The founders have been named Forbes 30 under 30 and were finalists for Amazon’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
The business counts the biggest names in real estate such as WeWork, Regus, British Land, The Crown Estates and Legal & General as some of its landlord clients. Placing a business in a new office every 3 hours, Hubble has worked with some of the UK’s most exciting companies including Monzo, GoCardless, Jaguar Land Rover, Accenture, WPP and PwC.
Hubble’s key market, the flexible office market, has grown from 0.5% in 2014 to 6% in 2020, and was estimated to grow to 30% by 2030 pre-Covid. The impact of the pandemic is accelerating this trend even quicker, and Hubble has a huge opportunity to become a category leader in the future of where we work. As part of its post-Covid strategy, Hubble is currently exploring additional products and services to bolster its market position, including a new B2B subscription product, with global ambitions.
As Head of Product you will be responsible for leading product direction within Hubble as well as actively taking part in day to day product management. You will be expected to take the priorities of the business and needs of the user to plan and deliver a vision and roadmap that will grow the business.
Though your roadmap is never set in stone. You need to be comfortable in an experimental environment of flux and speed. You adapt to fluid circumstances as new information is learned and priorities change. And in this state of flux you are key to figuring out what not to build, bringing focus and steadiness to teams.
To do all this, we believe that a great Product person is a clarifier, not a confuser. You need to be able to take complexity and distil what really matters. You are clear-headed and comfortable making decisions on how to do less, not more. To you, less means cutting scope and not quality; constantly trying to find creative (and sometimes risky) solutions to seemingly unfathomable problems. Particularly in situations where data is lacking you must rely on qualitative user research in order to make this call, always with the end goal in mind.
Finally, as a leader within the business you’ll be working closely with the COO and CEO to set the priorities of our product development and in the future be involved in the planning, growing and hiring of the product team. This role involves depth and breadth; so your responsibilities are broad:
- Own and drive the delivery of the product roadmap.
- Stay close to the action by leading the product development squad.
- Set a high product standard while resolving trade-offs between speed, quality and scope.
- Improve the product process across the company in order to optimise delivery and learning velocity.
- Figure out the vision and goals; ideate on potential changes; and then own the KPIs to measure the impact of the changes.
- Constantly question and test your assumptions using qualitative feedback and quantitative A/B tests and KPIs; then iterate and improve on what has been shipped!
- Work closely with each area of the business to prioritise the backlog, make tradeoffs in product scope and update timelines.
- Spread your knowledge within the team so that everyone deeply understands the product and our customers, especially so product owners can work autonomously.
- Lead the recruitment and management of new product managers and contribute to the rest of tech hiring.
- Work closely with the management team to set and lead the product vision.
Our mission to improve the working lives of 1m people by 2025 starts from within. We’re a friendly and diverse team. We go out for team lunches (outside of lockdown), host monthly book, climbing, gaming and DnD clubs (among others) and are always looking for more ways to knowledge share and have fun as a group :).
We host quarterly away days (organised by different team members) which are a great opportunity to chat with people who you rarely cross paths with and ensure that our business vision is always clear and transparent to the whole company. Although we’re still only small, our team has a mix of different backgrounds, races, and genders and we want to continue this as we grow.
We’re really proud of our values, which have been created collectively as an organisation to highlight what we believe are most important in fostering an excellent work environment and building a product customers really love:
- Empower each other
- Go above and beyond
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset
- Be different, together
- Move the needle
- Have 5+ years product related experience within a tech startup environment.
- Be comfortable managing stakeholders and distilling differing voices within a company.
- Have managed and led a product team.
- Have built a product roadmap that balances customer problems with business goals.
- Have experience conducting user research and synthesising customer feedback.
- Proficient with data; understanding what to measure and how.
- An understanding of engineering processes and how stuff gets built.
- Experience of working in a marketplace or SaaS company is a plus (but not necessary).
- A self-aware, motivated and empathetic person.
Hubble prides itself as a high quality employer, with a consistent 5* Glassdoor rating, a team NPS score of 80+ and won Property Week’s Best Places to Work, twice in a row, across 4 categories.
We make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday – focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
We live what we preach and Hubble has always worked hybrid, with time spent in the our HQ for culture and collaboration and the flexibility to work from anywhere on other days.
Here are some of the other benefits we offer:
- Remuneration competitive with industry and level of experience.
- Equity options.
- Pension contributions
- On-demand access to a large network of central, local and global co-working spaces
- Perks and equipment when to optimise remote work
- Macbook, peripherals and WFH benefits such as desk, monitor and chair.
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music.
- Kindle Unlimited + free technical books.
- Private Medical insurance
- Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First, 500 startups and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant startup community, office hours and talks with industry experts.