We are looking for a Sr. Director, Product Management within our Conversational Commerce team that will be a champion in building innovative voice shopping opportunities for our Walmart customers. Walmart Conversational shopping will create a differentiated customer experience for Walmart customers. Our goal is to deeply enhance the retail relationship and optimize it for the digital world. Our team is building completely new capabilities to allow our customers to shop by seamlessly interacting with their connected devices using spoken language.
The ideal leader must possess strong knowledge of voice commerce and emerging technologies as well as a passion for creating the best customer experience. He/she should be able to deeply understand the business and the customer, implications for our future automation and experiential needs, and seamlessly translate into a plan for our engineering team. It is important that they can clearly communicate, drive influence, and be able to break down technical problems.
What You’ll Do
- Defines long-term vision and product strategy for our Voice Commerce experience from onboarding to everyday across all modalities, including teams’ goals and KPIs in alignment to overall business goals while ensuring solutions can scale and pre-empt future customer/biz needs.
- Provide prioritization decisions and oversight on opportunity and product backlogs
Partner with Engineering and cross functional leaders to understand needs and align roadmap, prioritization decisions, and insights into what is being worked on and why
- Responsible to build and develop our strategic partnerships with Google and Apple
- Seamlessly move from customer experience interactions to API specifications and feel comfortable doing both.
- Ensure success of Conversational experience teams by driving recruiting, deep diving problems as needed while providing thoughtful guidance, mentorship, and coaching
- Communicate with leadership and cross-functional teams regularly regarding project progress and schedule reviews around key milestones
- Facilitate an agile and collaborative process with multiple teams – product, Design/UX, and engineering.
- Responsible for the team including overseeing the execution of competitive assessments, driving innovation; approving business cases; prioritizing and allocating resources; and approving objectives and key performance indicators for a functional team of product managers
- Navigate the day to day challenges of small smart up while simultaneous balancing the communication needs of a Fortune One company and as internal ambassador for our Voice experiences, creating awareness and excitement around these emerging platforms