Bark is the UK’s largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a startup with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business – but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company – so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.
About the role
We are looking for an accomplished and forward thinking Product Manager to join our Product team. You’ll be responsible for helping scale Bark to reach millions of customers worldwide through a wide range of growth activities and experimentation – from optimising conversion of our key signup flows through to opening up entirely new acquisition channels.
You’ll lead a cross-functional team and have the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. Working closely with commercial leaders you will identify new opportunities and deliver innovative solutions to support our ambitious growth plans.
You’ll enjoy operating both strategically and tactically, with the ability to solve problems and deliver results in a fast-paced environment. Your customer acquisition and activation experience will be pivotal in enabling Bark to scale up across countries, channels and categories, so we can help as many small businesses as we can to be successful online.
- Partner with our Engineers, Product Designers and Analysts team to tackle ambiguous and complex problems.
- Lead and own growth and product-related marketing projects from idea to launch
- Analyse data/metrics and work with the Insights team to identify and measure growth opportunities
- Plan and implement rapid experiments and conversion optimisation tests to drive key metrics
- Support, maintain and improve our marketing acquisition products and platform across PPC, Affiliate, Email marketing and SEO channels
- Collaborate with Marketing, Commercial and Customer Success teams to improve internal processes and tools to help scale the business
- Define, maintain and own the growth product roadmap and backlog
- Complete detailed product definition and specs for new products and feature improvements
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on the product roadmap and key projects to senior leadership and stakeholders
Required skills and experience
- Proven track record as a product manager in a fast-paced and successful online business
- Confident in using data and insights and ideally basic SQL
- Commercial and technical understanding – able to clearly explain concepts to commercial and non-technical audiences as well as engineering
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communicator – able to clearly present your work, explain your thinking and discuss decisions confidently at all levels
- Driven, ambitious and keen to grow with the company