About the role
We are looking for an experienced UX and Customer Researcher to join our Product team. You’ll be responsible for leading our market and customer research activities, helping us to get closer to our customers.
You will be at the heart of building a service our customers love, and as our first UX researcher you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact. Joining a small and agile team, you can own and help shape our approach to customer research. You’ll work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and marketing teams to conduct detailed discovery and identify new opportunities or improvements.
We are looking for you to own research activities at all stages of product development from validating initial ideas with focus groups, interviews and surveys, all the way through to final usability testing of finished experiences. You will be pivotal in helping us to better understand both our customer’s and professionals’ needs and problems, so we can create delightful experiences and exciting new products that help our users to be successful online.
- Own, manage and conduct all customer surveys and market research from concept testing and ethnographic studies through to focus groups, interviews and surveys
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to identify and investigate important research questions
- Collaborate with the Insight team and data analysts to validate your research and recommendations
- Facilitate remote and moderated usability testing of new concepts, ideas, prototypes and finished features
- Define, maintain and own the user research roadmap
- Complete detailed user research documentation and develop a knowledge base of insights that can be easily referenced and applied to future projects
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on user research findings and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Use all our sources of data (reviews, user feedback, focus groups, behaviour, interviews etc.) to be the expert on the voice of the customer
- Support both the category team and our partners with relevant insights into things like market size, growth, pricing, competition, key players etc
Required skills and experience
- Experience designing, running and reporting on focus groups, including different territories
- Self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Demonstrated experience and results using a broad mix of qualitative research methods including designing and conducting user testing
- Ability to translate research findings into concise and actionable recommendations
- Understanding of user psychology and biases
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management with a desire to collaborate across teams
- Excellent communicator – able to clearly present your work, explain your thinking and discuss decisions confidently at all levels
- Driven, ambitious and keen to grow with the company
Some of our benefits
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Free on-site bark employee private gym
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!