Every day thousands of satellites capture millions of images of our planet. With new applications for Earth Observation (EO) data emerging, such as precision farming, environmental monitoring, construction planning, disaster relief operations, and retail revenue prediction (to name just a few), the applications for satellite imagery are growing and evolving by the day. However, the current process for acquiring this increasingly diverse and valuable resource is antiquated, tedious, and time-consuming.
Our mission at SkyWatch is to make EO imagery accessible to the world. EarthCache enables application developers to integrate EO data quickly and seamlessly into their market-leading software tools. TerraStream gives satellite platform operators an efficient, automated solution to reach new customers without building a costly, duplicative distribution capability, including data storage, cataloging, order management, image processing, and delivery.
OUR TEAM & CULTURE
Our culture is incredibly important to us, and we practice it every day. Both as a company and in our products, we value simplicity, dependability, and empathy. Our team includes NASA award-winning developers, Earth observation scientists, big data and startup veterans from ten different countries. We have a unique blend of space, satellite, enterprise, and consumer application experience, and we are just getting started. SkyWatch is based in Waterloo, Canada, backed by top-tier venture investors, and poised to scale our platform footprint globally with leading players in the industry.
SkyWatch is hiring a Lead Product Manager to lead the development of TerraStream, our new solution for satellite platform operators. TerraStream launches with our first platform operators in mid-2021, including advanced data storage, management, and delivery capabilities that help operators reduce cost and build new revenue streams. As Lead PM for TerraStream you will work hand in hand with company leadership, our development team, and our first customers to ensure a successful launch with each partner, and with subsequent delivery of new capabilities and benefits for our customers and our marketplace.
This role is both critical and new for SkyWatch, designed to have an outsized impact on SkyWatch’s mission to make EO imagery accessible to the world:
– Strategy: Continually enhance and articulate the TerraStream product vision, strategy, and roadmap, driving alignment internally with company leadership and externally with our customers
– Team Development: Grow and develop a team of PMs that lead the expansion of TerraStream into global markets and new verticals
– Product Development: Work with our engineering, design, data, and ML/IP teams to successfully deliver against the TerraStream roadmap
– Customers & Partners: Work closely with our GTM and cross-functional teams to ensure Terrastream product investments achieve their maximum potential and benefit for customers
– Thought Leadership: Become an expert in platform operator businesses and their important challenges around managing and delivering EO data. Effectively represent SkyWatch with Terrastream customers and partners
– 4+ years in Product Management with demonstrated experience shipping impactful products in highly complex technical environments, from concept to maturity
– 1-2 years experience as a Product team leader building and developing PM teams
– Prior experience shipping products within the satellite or drone markets, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, multi-sided marketplaces, B2B SaaS, large-scale cloud solutions, and/or API-centric offerings to third-party and enterprise application developers
– Previous experience in early-stage startup environments highly desirable
– B.S. in Engineering or similar technical or quantitative field
WE HAVE YOU COVERED
At SkyWatch, we invest in the growth and success of our people. We offer total reward packages that include a competitive salary, performance variable, stock options, healthy vacation allotments, and a comprehensive benefits plan for you and your family. We are flexible in how our team maps out their day, wherever they may be. We also invest in the development and wellness of every SkyWatcher.
Under normal circumstances, our HQ is in Uptown Waterloo, at the Communitech Data Hub. Surrounded by other awesome startups focused on data, AI, machine learning, and IOT, as well in the middle of tons of events and visits from somewhat important people. Currently, we have a remote-first strategy as we navigate through current conditions with everyone’s health our first priority.
SkyWatch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.