Evaluate Ltd is a major international company providing outstanding market intelligence services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device , Financial and Consulting sectors, through the Evaluate Pharma®, Evaluate Medtech®, Evaluate Omnium and Evaluate Vantage® online brands. Our international clients in Pharma and Biotech, Medtech, Banking and Consultancy regard Evaluate Pharma® as the industry’s gold standard for timely and accurate analysis of reported drug sales, consensus sales forecasts, R&D pipeline, markets and comprehensive company financials.
The Product Management/UX team is currently 14 people and this role will report into the Senior Product Manager. As a Market Intelligence Analyst you will work closely with key potential and current customers and customer-facing teams including Sales, Client Success and other Product Managers to capture market intelligence.
In this role as a Market Intelligence Analyst you will be responsible for studying Evaluate’s market, customers and competitors. You will make evidence-based actionable recommendations that will support strategic and tactical decision making and assist the company in meeting its sales targets.
The primary responsibility you will have in the role will be to build an understanding of the market conditions, competitive landscape and customers across our entire product portfolio. As well as looking at our existing market, this will involve the identification and investigation of potential new markets.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
You will develop a strong understanding of industry trends, market challenges and customer needs across Evaluate’s portfolio of offerings by,
- Support the management of our customer segmentation
- Identify areas of growth potential through white space analysis
- Conduct Win/Loss analysis to understand why we win and lose customer business
You will develop an understanding of the capabilities of product competitors to position key differentiators, proactively monitor the competitive landscape and provide a deep dive on specific competitors
- Use a combination of desk research, feedback from the sales field and interviews with customers to build a picture of the competitive landscape
- Develop effective communication mechanisms to promote differentiators and competitive positioning to commercial teams
- Develop systems to identify and then track new competitors entering the space and assess their ability to disrupt the market
You will derive insights from client usage of in-market offerings to inform product strategy
- Analyse client usage by product, segment, module and persona
- Engage with clients and client-facing teams to validate any findings
- Feed learnings and implications into product strategy, product positioning, field training and investment priorities.
You will translate data into executable and effective market intelligence reports
- Provide market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation
- Supply the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively make recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration
- Work with internal business customers to enhance their use of market and competitor intelligence and ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals
You will support other product management and business strategy activities as needed, including:
- Business case development
- Commercial product reviews
- Due diligence of acquisition and partner targets
- You have had experience in a similar or industry
- Good understanding of the Pharma & Biotech sector (including wider ecosystem of financial services and consultancies), particularly focused on the use of commercial and financial information
- Knowledge of online B2B information services, databases and analytics tools
- Experience of working closely with a range of client personas and conducting probing conversations to understand their roles, key use cases, implicit needs and current solutions
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics and turning data and information into insight and action
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- A collaborative team player with a proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and excellent written communication abilities
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential. Knowledge of PowerBI would be an advantage
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Value you day -one additional wellbeing day on top of your holiday allowance
- Pension plan -company contribution of 6.7% rising to 10% after 12 months service
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Corporate Gym Membership/Discount*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
(*following successful completion of probation period.)
Focus on the client. Our clients’ success is our success. We do our utmost to understand our clients and ensure they are successful in their roles.
Improve Be better. We strive to improve and innovate, challenging industry norms and ourselves.
Be one team. Communicate, collaborate, challenge. We believe that two heads are always better than one; in being generous with our time, and collaborating to get the job done.
Empower Enable Success. We empower each other to deliver, celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes.
Be Accountable Own it. We take responsibility and do the right thing. Through guidance and support we hold each other accountable.
Evaluate is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Evaluate operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.