What We’re Looking For:
We believe that finding the right team member means we’re less concerned about what your resume looks like, than how our conversation goes. While qualifications matter (see below), here are some of the things about your personality that we care about:
You are scrappy and resourceful. You are responsible and have integrity. This isn’t typically a resume line-item, but it’s very important and we will want to speak to your former colleagues.
You are confident. Since you’re an early employee you will need to be a leader, by definition. We want you to believe and aspire to shaping what our company does.
You don’t mind doing everything. And anything. Building a startup looks glamorous. Until it doesn’t. We need someone who doesn’t think twice about rolling up their sleeves and getting messy.
About this Role:
Reporting directly to the VP of Product, you will lead all our product efforts on the customer side of our business. Our Employer Partners leverage Fairygodboss to attract and engage with qualified female talent to improve diversity in their Talent Acquisition efforts. You’ll help formulate and execute a strategy that:
- Brings our customers’ EVP (Employee Value Proposition) to our community of professional women
- Matches our community members with career opportunities that they are uniquely suited for – and does this better than generic job boards
- Enables our customers (Sourcers, Recruiters etc.) to interact with our community members in a unique and engaging way – outside of the traditional interview process.
- Highlights value Fairygodboss brings to our customers, enabling them to show a strong ROI for their business
- Gather insights from our customers, the Talent Acquisition landscape, customer success, sales and account management teams to understand which opportunities we should pursue.
- Formulate product goals and strategy that align with business objectives (OKRs) and insights from the market
- Execute product strategy using a hypothesis driven, data-informed approach
- Maintain and evangelize a compelling roadmap that can be shared externally
- Working closely with Design, Analytics and Engineering, deliver high quality solutions to the market
- Provide feedback to shape our future strategy, based on data and insights from the market
- 4+ years experience in product management, experience with enterprise customers is a plus.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of successful products through their lifecycle. Including product discovery, delivery, optimizations, pivots and sunsetting.
- Prior experience working in Lean and Agile environments – Hypothesis testing, MVPs, Iterative development
- Comfortable with ambiguity that comes with doing something new, and working in a startup environment
- Motivated to do what is necessary to drive results, identify opportunities, make difficult trade-offs when needed
Committed to continuous improvement, as an individual and as a team
- Foster an environment where taking risks is safe and encouraged
- Personally committed to improving diversity and inclusion at work
- Sense of humor and ability to stay positive even when the going gets tough
- Ability to align stakeholders with competing priorities
* All the requirements above are our best efforts at describing who would be successful in this position. We’re probably wrong about some things. If you’re interested in what we’re doing and think you’d be a good fit, please apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements above.
- Unlimited PTO!
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance via Aetna
- 401k contributions through Slavic
- Commuter Benefits via ConnectYourCare
- 12 Weeks Parental Leave
- Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Monthly & Quarterly Virtual/Office events
- Equity Options for all employees!
Fairygodboss is the largest career community for women*. Our mission is to help the women in our community by providing free resources and a safe, inclusive environment for highly motivated women to connect with other career-minded individuals and help one another to succeed. Millions of women visit Fairygodboss for career connections, jobs, community advice, virtual events and hard-to-find intel about how companies treat women.
Our customers include over 150 Fortune 1000 companies including: Apple, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and IBM.
*Fairygodboss is an inclusive community and when we use the term women, we refer to cis women, trans women and nonbinary individuals.