Lead our Product Management team while remaining hands-on with the product, making it easy for educators to create engaging learning experiences.
Join our Product Team as our first Group Product Manager and build an Education SaaS that educators and students love. You will join our excellent existing product team to build a world-class Product Management chapter while remaining a hands-on Product Manager, working with one of our Product Areas. Our team’s core focus is transforming Aula’s growth to be product-led through a product that educators love. You are looking for a role where you can do that in a startup that supports you to grow while improving on how we work today.
- 50/50 Product Management and team leadership, fully remote (GMT+2 – GMT-5) > £91k – £140k
- You can deliver product outcomes both by working hands-on with a cross-functional team and leading our PM chapter through several phases of growth.
- Grow as fast as our team does.
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education.
We make it easy for educators to create community-first learning experiences that truly engage students. By combining easy-to-use technology with evidence-informed learning design, we save educators time while better supporting students’ success.
We’re a 40-person fully remote team spread across the globe from Nebraska to Pakistan. As an organisation, we are remote first, asynchronous by default. This is a remote job. We’re hiring from anywhere with at least 4 hours of overlap with Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) during a normal work day (GMT -5 to +2). This could be a 8:00-12:00 from New York, but we’re not hiring from places that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.
- Help coach excellent PMs and shield them from the noise, allowing them the space needed for complex problem solving and innovation. We currently have 2 other PMs, but a much more complex product, market, and team than that would indicate. Our PMs cover a lot of ground.
- Report to and work directly with the VP Product to set and execute on the product strategy for a company on the brink of product-market fit. The entire company has aligned around one problem for 2021: user love.
- Work with your engineering counterpart to own and improve our Product Team’s processes, leading to better product decisions and execution.
- Alongside our other PMs, own a Product Area, defining the strategy and delivering product outcomes.
- Work directly with academic leadership (our economic buyers) and educators (our users) to discuss Aula’s product strategy.
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
About the team
Our cross-functional squads are made up of designers, engineers and Product Managers. We work closely with our data team and product support to ensure what we are building is loved.
Our virtues are what makes Aula as an organisation unique.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion should not be mistaken with building an organisation where 8 billion people would thrive. We lean into what makes Aula unique: we’re building an inclusive, high performing, organisation where high performing people are silly ambitious about improving education – at scale.
We judge our virtues by what we do, not what we say.
Our virtues are
🚀 Silly Ambitious
🔍 Uncomfortably Focused
🗣 Transparent by Default
We’ve open-sourced our handbook, the The Aula Brain, so you can see for yourself what it’s like to work at Aula.
What you need to do the Job
The most important thing about you is that you care deeply about building an excellent Product Management chapter that uses best practices to methodically build an engaging, community-first platform. You are transparent, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
We’re looking for a Product Manager who has seen excellence and wants to improve Aula through leadership and hands-on Product Management.
- Experience in a world-class Product Management team, that enables you to bring new ideas and methodologies to improve how we work.
- Direct management experience of Product Managers.
Understanding of, and experience leading, product team growth
- Excited to lead our Product Management team while remaining hands-on as a Product Manager in a cross-functional squad.
Nice to have
- Hand on experience with B2B SaaS products, preferably enterprise.
- Demonstrable ability to take part in high-stake partner (or sales) meetings.
- You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. You understand that this is a small team in a startup that is scaling and are excited to contribute to the Aula story.
How to Apply
Apply today by following the link and including your CV and anything else you feel is relevant for our team to know.
A fair chance
Every role in the Aula team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we’re committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.