Pingboard is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. In this critical role, you will work closely with our VP of Product and Senior Product Manager to understand and solve customer problems and increase the value that Pingboard delivers. The ideal candidate is an experienced PM who loves building and refining well-crafted software for the workplace with a talented, friendly team of engineers and designers.
Pingboard connects, celebrates, empowers, and aligns employees at growing companies. Our close-knit, distributed, quirky team of 25 is passionate about increasing trust & transparency at outstanding organizations around the world.
The product team uses principles from Basecamp’s Shape Up. We work in 6-week seasons, shape solutions, and empower teams through fixed time / variable scope projects. We set reasonable goals, balance building new features with removing friction, and safeguard the team’s time once priorities are set.
Pingboard is committed to building an inclusive team with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We encourage people from groups that are underrepresented in tech to apply! This full-time position available remotely or in Austin, TX, and is open to anyone eligible to work in the U.S. We’re not able to sponsor visas at this time.
You’re excited about this role because you’ll:
- Own a key part of the product and be empowered to achieve results
- Deeply understand our customers through conversations, Jobs-to-be-Done interviews, data, user testing, and Productboard insights
- Shape solutions and write thorough, persuasive pitches that capture the problem, appetite, and solution in words and sketches
- Work with the engineering team to ship great work, including light project management, writing UI content, and coordinating QA testing
- Partner with Product Marketing and Customer Support to understand customers and competitors, and ensure successful product launches
- Communicate frequently and effectively to all levels of the company, including presentations and demos
- Learn and grow in a highly collaborative environment
You’ll thrive as a Senior Product Manager if you:
- Have 3+ years product management experience shipping high-quality software from inception to launch that delivers value to customers, ideally in B2B SaaS
- Have led successful cross-functional teams known for being supportive, thoughtful, friendly, and results-driven
- Have a heart for customers and a deep well of empathy that you share from often
- Love interviewing users and are adept at discovering the insights and problems behind the feature request
- Know how to measure success and draw actionable insights from data
- Are skilled at using experiments to tests a hypothesis and measure success
- Are a curious, self-sufficient, and detail-oriented problem solver
- Are a clear and engaging writer
- Possess a perpetual desire to improve products and processes
- Listen intently, communicate effectively, and learn continuously
- Hands-on knowledge of Shape Up and Jobs to be Done
- Bring a unique perspective or skillset that helps us work better as a team; we’re always looking to improve and want your help!
- Experience with Pingboard in a previous role
To support you in your work, we offer:
- A supportive environment where you can be your authentic self
- A focus on results, not long hours
- A commitment to our values: We’re transparent, we’re challengers, we’re here to grow, and we believe our differences are our strengths
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company
- Medical & dental coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 company holidays
- Parental leave
- 401K with matching