Team Teach is an Ed-Tech business providing positive behaviour support, training and accreditation to parents and teachers with head offices in the UK and Australia.
We provide reasoned, researched and considered positive behavioural management solutions designed to help safely manage the behaviour of children and adults in a variety of educational, health and social care settings. We empower individuals from all walks of life to manage challenging, emotionally-charged interactions in a positive, respectful way.
Our solutions are built on a foundation of respect, both for those we instruct and for the dignity of the children and adults, at the heart our support, who are the real beneficiaries.
Experiencing rapid growth, Team Teach is growing is product and technology division, releasing new products in new geographies.
About The role
Team Teach is looking for a talented technical/digital product owner to join the Innovation Lab to own and develop new and exciting products and services that will have a positive impact on children and families around the globe and contribute to our commercial success.
Working alongside our CPTO and newly established team, you will be pioneering new technologies and research, quickly testing and proving (or disproving) potential propositions and continuously learning how our new products can be enhanced with new function or new complimentary products.
Product Owner duties and responsibilities
- Providing vision and direction to the proposition development team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Configure components in conjunction with 3rd party suppliers.
Evangelise evidence based, fast paced, test and learn innovation culture.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Ensure product life cycle, vision, roadmap and growth opportunities are in line with executive sponsor.
- Assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research & analyse market and horizon, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Follow our competitors and the industry, as well as changes in social culture. Looking for opportunities for new products and enhancing the value proposition of existing.
- Create and present reports on product performance.
Product Owner requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
It is essential that you have experience of:
● Product management with a track-record for shipping and evolving great digital products by working with multiple teams in an agile delivery setting.
● Creating and developing product strategy to secure support for your products and direct the work of delivery teams through all phases of delivery – from discovery to continuous improvement in a live setting.
● Assessing products and services and giving constructive feedback and guidance on priorities and improvements.
● Having great working relationships with a variety of disciplines involved in digital delivery, including software engineering, service design, performance analysis and delivery management.
● Engagement with senior stakeholders, including suppliers, coordinating activity across several organisations toward common objectives.