We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our user-centric company to help us to improve the experience for our global customers.
About Us – Nexis Solutions
As part of LexisNexis Legal & Professional, we are a leading global provider of regulatory and business information and analytics that help professional customers make better decisions, increase productivity and serve clients better. Our leading products and services are used throughout the world and in virtually every industry and area of business.
We serve customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, and are part of RELX Group. RELX Group is one of the constituents of the FTSE 100 Index, Financial Times Global 500 and Euronext 100 Index.
Find out more: https://internationalsales.lexisnexis.com/
Or even check out our LexisNexis Design Medium space: https://medium.com/lexisnexis-design
What you can expect:
It is a really exciting time to join the Nexis Solutions team! We recently completed a platform migration and are now primarily focused on solving new and complex problems for our users.
You’ll be leading discovery activities and working alongside our in-house team of UX Designers, Product Managers and Developers to help build products that transform the way professionals use news and business information to make smarter decisions.
- Planning and conducting user research and usability testing to inform the design and development of our products
- Processing the outputs of user research and prioritising findings to effectively communicate to the agile teams and leaders in the business
- Analysing existing research to identify trends and insights pertinent to current project work
- Working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary agile team, including UX Designers, Software Developers, and Product Managers.
- Managing the logistics of user research, e.g. planning and scheduling research sessions, recruiting participants and setting achievable deadlines
- Understanding stakeholder priorities whilst maintaining a user-centred approach
- Communicating research findings to senior stakeholders in a clear and simple way so that user needs and usability issues are clearly understood
- Applying ethical research practices to ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of participants and researchers
- Mentoring and advising junior researchers
You should apply if
- You have demonstrable UX research experience. Ideally we are looking for a minimum of 2 years practical experience in UX research.
- You have had some formal training in UX research methodologies. This could be from degree program, certificate programs, etc.
- You can demonstrate evidence of owning and delivering on multiple UX research projects. This is a fast-paced role where you will be working with multiple stakeholders.
- You have some experience with quantitative data analysis and various qualitative coding techniques. The majority of the role will involve qualitative research with customers but you will also be involved in some quantitative research tasks.
This isn’t for you if
- This is your first research job. This is not an entry level role and while we can offer plenty of support and career development, we really need someone with a solid foundation of experience.
- You are looking for people management. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior members of the team but you will not have direct reports. This is however something we may be able to offer as part of your career with LexisNexis in the long term.
- You enjoy UX design. This is a researcher role and while you will work very closely with the UX Designers you will not be responsible for designing solutions.
- You are not able to work in London, UK. This role will be flexible between working from home and working in our office in Farringdon, London.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to learn from a large UX team.
- The opportunity to see your research navigate the global product direction.
- The opportunity to learn and teach others through mentorship programs.
- A clear and structured career path to help you to achieve your goals.
- Benefits including company pension, private medical benefit, and 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Initial call with our Recruitment Business Partner (30 mins)
- First stage interview with our Lead User Researcher and Manager (30 mins)
- Second stage interview to present to the team and Head of UX your task (90 mins)