We are MPB, the world’s leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
Reaching a new phase of growth we are proud to be expanding our Brighton Product & Engineering team.
With an ever expanding team of 180+ people in Brighton UK, offices in Brooklyn’s Industry City, and now Berlin! MPB is looking for an experienced Product Owner to join an energetic company of like-minded people where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
We are looking for an experienced, resourceful Product Owner to join our growing team. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our products, helping to deliver an exciting roadmap of innovative initiatives. Working with the rest of the product & engineering team, you will be responsible for driving and defining the launch of new features, services and products for our customers and internal users. You should have a solid grasp of, strategy, sprint management, release planning , Agile methodologies and analytics in order to deliver high-quality product features to meet customer needs and deliver business value.
We are seeking people with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and thirst to learn. You will be somebody who is seeking ownership of your work, who wants to see your ideas put into action as part of a growth-stage company with a progressive culture. You should be a creative thinker, driven to solve the needs of our users and deliver the best possible experience for our customers. An interest in UX, UI design and data ensures you deliver beautiful solutions that work. Highly user-centric, you use empathy to put our customers front and centre and are a champion for our customers in all conversations.
You will be somebody who is an active listener, able to gather and interpret user needs into requirements. You are able to balance the priorities of many different voices and opinions in an unbiased way to ensure business value is always paramount.
We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team. You will be a team player who enjoys collaboration and is happy implementing improvements on an iterative basis, building upon and elevating our projects. You will provide vision and leadership to your scrum team, ensuring the team is working together to deliver a shared goal.
- Ability to work very closely with key stakeholders to manage and shape their product needs
- Ability to collaborate with marketing, design and UX to design solutions
- Demonstrate a passion for understanding and championing the business, customer and user needs.
- Previous experience working on responsive web application products
- Ability to translate high-level requirements into epics and user stories with appropriate level of acceptance criteria and test scenarios
- Very comfortable working closely with developers and test automation engineers, being available to answer questions and provide clarity whenever necessary
- Management and maintenance of the product backlog
- Confidence in leading sprint review meetings, demonstrating features and taking feedback from stakeholders
- A strong advocate for customers, internal users and the business for the development team
- Ability to produce and maintain any relevant product definition documentation
You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with accuracy and clarity.
Additional useful skills:
- Good knowledge of the Atlassian toolset including JIRA
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment
- Experience collaborating with UI/UX colleagues on designs and prototypes using tools such as InVision
- Certified Scrum Product Owner with previous experience in a dedicated software Product Owner role
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB.
Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of content creators across photography & videography that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age.
If you share our values and enthusiasm for inclusive, exciting, fast paced businesses you will find a home at MPB.