Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Product Manager, ESPN App will work on ESPN app features that connect sports fans to the content and information they care about most. Focused on delivering ESPN’s next generation IoT and voice-connected technologies, they will own product management for how customers use voice to interact with ESPN on devices. This role will work closely with the technology team to help execute and directly manage parts of the product vision, development and delivery of the product experience across native platforms. This product role is part of the overall ESPN app product team within of ESPN Digital Media.
The right candidate must be able to communicate a strong product strategy and roadmap that aligns with business objectives, and execute in partnership with Engineering, Design, Content, Marketing, Consumer Data Management, and Sales. This role requires close collaboration with other vertical product owners, including Personalization, Video Products and Platform, Alerts and Notifications and more.
The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization. The candidate must possess a strong data-driven mindset with an analytical approach to problem-solving, and use these skills to craft practical solutions to complex situations.
The Product Manager, ESPN App will be a member of the Digital Media Product Development team. The role is based in Bristol, CT.
- Work closely with the product team on the ideation, development, launch and maintenance of the ESPN App product on native platforms, aligning it with overall ESPN digital product roadmap and product strategy.
- Deliver ESPN’s next generation IoT and voice-connected technologies, allowing fans to interact with ESPN across devices and platforms.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to help manage day-to-day responsibility of product operation, coordinate product maintenance, and support post-feature launch tasks.
- Define detailed specification of product goals, feature sets, and appropriate flows — and communicate these requirements to design, engineering, and other product stakeholders.
- Define success metrics for specific feature sets, coordinate integration of analytics tracking during feature development, and analyze the outcomes post-launch to determine future iterations of product features.
- In partnership with the broader product team, engineering, and design — prioritize and lead product feature development against priorities and other product opportunities.
- Work with senior management to identify KPIs and required data pertaining to product usage, user engagement and revenue.
- Work in-conjunction with various technology teams to execute integrations with platform roadmaps.
- Coordinate and ideate with business stakeholders throughout the organization on proposed features and implementations.
- Propose multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes with a wide degree of latitude on creative solutions.
- Have strong writing skills, with an ability to write concisely, clearly, and completely to describe complex ideas in the simplest terms.
- Have strong communication and inter-personal skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Be high-energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching regularly throughout the day.
- Enjoy collaboration and problem-solving within group projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a consumer-oriented media company or software company.
- Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
- Have experience detailing and defining user interactions in native mobile applications.
- 3+ years experience in product management, computer science or engineering.
- 3 years Product Work Experience.
- High School Diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, product design, business or related field; or equivalent experience.