As part of the Delivery Hero Network, talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Iraq and United Arab Emirates.
The Senior Manager of Product Operations will be an integral part of our Product Operations team supporting the Product Management organization to ensure superior product development excellency.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the entire product ops chapter in talabat, from people to process, SLAs and tools. Additional responsibilities include providing regular status reporting, product roadmap updates, supporting the change management process, assisting with quarterly OKRs planning for Product and Tech.
This position will include interacting directly with Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Legal, Sourcing, logistics, and many of both talabat & Delivery Hero cross functional teams in a Global environment.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
What’s on your plate?
- Lead, hire and mentor the product operations team as we grow quickly.
- Own the 3 main pillars of product operations in talabat, product support, document management, and process improvement.
- Set the strategy & different operating frameworks for product operations, Influence innovation across Product Operations and identifying opportunities for simplicity and scalability.
- Taking a leading role in product OKRs process and framework.
- Work cross functionally with Engineers and Product Managers senior leadership to advocate key areas for
improvements for high impact issues.
- Set, run and manage the product support framework, SLAs and workflows that can be deployed in talabat highly complex marketplace, supporting talabat’s massive operations across 8 different markets in the region
- Help your team provide data-driven insights and feedback to enhance internal customer experiences.
- Establish & own the product operations KPIs, help bring awareness to the function, and build the right brand
What did we order?
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar role, with at least 2 years of experience in people management.
- Experience in engineering management, product management, service delivery or technical support is highly
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data-driven decisions.
- Experience in companies that employ modern product management & software development techniques,
and modern hypothesis validation.
- An ability to work in highly matrix structure, across global, regional and local functions.
- Experience with agile software development and related tools.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- You have a voice that is human, personal and matches our Product brand.
- Ability to think like a Product user and be invested in our users’ needs.