As part of the Delivery Hero network, talabat is the pioneer of the online food ordering industry in the Middle East. Our operations span across Kuwait, Egypt, KSA, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Iraq and the United Arab Emirates.
We are on a mission to become one of the strongest “Experience first” companies in the region, and we need a Senior Product Researcher to champion the cause. You will work with product squads to understand user behavior and while mentoring junior researchers.
What’s on your plate?
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products.
- Help identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward.
- Your insights and discoveries will help inform product experiences, explorations, and long-term product plans.
- Work cross-functionally to lead qualitative, quantitative, and data-supported user studies of various scales to help inform product, design, marketing, and business strategies.
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for the product, design, and the business through creatively crafted insights, decks, stories, videos, and testimonials.
- Work to ensure team engagement in user research studies and foster a shared understanding of research output to drive research-informed decision making.
- Push the boundaries of research beyond just validation to make sure we are looking at the short- and long-term strategy of our products and that our user’s voice is there in every part of the product development process from inception, through execution, to shipping, and beyond.
- Coach and advise designers and product managers conducting their research projects.
- Mentor junior researchers and maintain our team’s high standard of work.
- Constantly iterate on our research processes and work with the team to make them better, faster and smarter.
- Be one of the public faces of the talabat research team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally.
What did we order?
- Preferably B.A/B.S. in a human behaviour related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics.
- Around five years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research in a similar role in a consumer-driven business and be able to show how your work has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product road-maps and informed design decisions.
- Strong communication skills and proven experience influencing and inspiring change using data and storytelling
- Knowledgeable about product design & passionate about understanding people.
- Comfortable in a flat & fast-moving agile organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative and qualitative research methods with a solid understanding of where to use them
Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful, and impactful questions.
- Can successfully manage project prioritisation and stakeholder relationships independently.