About the role
If you’re excited about empowering individuals, helping organisations to work better together, and creating a platform to power the future of work, this is the place to do it. Kalido (www.kalido.me) exists to help create a world where people and organizations can maximize potential through a global community of valued connections and opportunities. We passionately problem solve new ways to do this, no matter how difficult the challenge. Everyone on our team is a true product owner, responsible for ensuring excellence. We move fast (but thoughtfully), and are looking for a talented and impact-oriented Senior Product Designer to join us. In this role, you will not only help to shape Kalido’s UX and UI but also shape the company, and our collective ability to impact the world.
As part of a startup, your responsibilities will vary, but on a day to day basis, you will:
- Identify opportunities for new features and improvements to existing features and work with Head of Design and Frontend and product management to align product strategy with business objectives
- Lead new feature design, working across the whole UX lifecycle from ideation and research through to UI and testing; partner with junior team members where needed
- Work with Head of Design and Frontend and product management to establish the user research and testing strategy and to identify success metrics and analytics that need to be tracked and use the data gathered to inform existing feature improvements and new feature ideas
- Lead user research and testing sessions
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product management to ensure that new features and updates to existing features can be implemented and to deliver the best possible user experience across web and native mobile platforms
- Produce supporting documentation and wireframes that can be translated into UI
- Update or define UI design style, rules and layout and assist junior team members in maintaining the DSM where necessary
- Manage and mentor junior designers
- Participate in client meetings and demos either as a presenter or feedback gatherer
- Educate and coach teams on industry best practices and emerging lessons related to enterprise products
What we are looking for
We value inclusion, impact, transparency, generosity, and teamwork. You can read more about our values and what they mean to us here: https://www.kalido.me/our-mission/ We are looking for someone who shares our philosophy; is capable and excited about the role; strives for personal and professional excellence; and wants to make a meaningful difference through their work.
The opportunity is for you if you are:
- Open to hypothesise
- Excited about B2B products
- Aware of startup pressures
- Initiator, focused on solutions rather than just problems
- Great running partner for other leaders
- Happy to improve and build upon already existing elements
- Good communicator and collaborator with a track record of establishing great relationships with developers and management
- Creative thinker, able to investigate and solve complex product challenges while being mindful about impact on other teams
- Good listener, that takes constructive feedback and executes updates quickly focusing on the goal
- Detail-oriented designer who is updated with the latest principles and trends and is supported by a strong portfolio
- Experienced Product Designer dedicated to the complete design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or native mobile applications (preferably SaaS)
- An expert in Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
Familiar with Zeplin, Balsamiq, Trello
What we offer
Working at Kalido means working with a solid startup that has been around since 2015. We balance our drive for delivery with flexible working arrangements, generous maternity and paternity leave, EMI scheme, L&D budget, socials, and the chance to truly shape the culture you work in. You will never run out of fascinating problems to solve and will have incredible opportunities to work with a diverse team that cares about your growth.
By helping everyone to easily create stronger communities and more meaningful real-world connections, Kalido’s goal is to level the playing field of opportunity. We are redefining the way people connect in their neighbourhoods, inside companies, at events, in schools, in alumni groups, in co-working spaces, and doing so throughout their lives. In August 2019 we closed a 5m USD Series A, and are backed by HCL, a global IT player with a 22 bn USD market cap, and co-founded by the #3 core team member and early investor at Alibaba. To learn more, visit https://www.kalido.me.
To apply go to https://www.kalido.me/careers/