Senior Product Manager – Snowplow Insights
Ideally located in London or remote up to UTC +3/-3
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in data capabilities including people and infrastructure, is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a behavioral data management platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling our commercial product, Snowplow Insights, in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A fundraising with MMC Ventures. Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
To support our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own our primary commercial product, Snowplow Insights. Companies adopt Snowplow Insights to help meet many of the technical, organisational and compliance challenges associated with collecting and operationalizing behavioral data at scale, enabling data practitioners to spend more time driving insight and value from data, and less time doing make-work.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
● Spend time with our customers, partners, prospects and community to understand the ways in which they use behavioral data to drive value and the challenges they face.
● Closely collaborate with our Marketing, Sales and Customer teams to understand the challenges they encounter in bringing taking our product to market, onboarding prospects and driving helping our customers drive value
● Own and develop the roadmap for Snowplow Insights, one that:
– Aligns with our “North Star” of better empowering data practitioners to spend more time being productive with behavioral data
– Supports our organisation meet our short, mid and long-term commercial goals around new bookings, retention and account expansion
– Solves the challenges our customers and prospects have as effectively as possible
● Work with the different engineering squads on delivery of the roadmap
● Partner with our commercial teams (Marketing, Sales and Customer) teams to hit our commercial goals
● Work closely with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to ensure that Snowplow Insights is correctly positioned and messaged across our website, all collateral, and our training materials
● Be the ‘face’ of Snowplow Insights – helping to drive awareness of our cornerstone product through conferences, webinars, blogging and wider thought-leadership
● 3+ years in a relevant Product Management role – specifically commercial product management of a recurring revenue product
● Prior experience with a complex technology product, targeted at mid-market and/or enterprise, and requiring a services-based activation of new customers
● Prior experience with cloud data, open-source or infrastructure a major plus
● Strong project or program management experience, with examples of you leading cross-functional initiatives with business and technical stakeholders
● Comfortable driving results with fully remote technology teams
● You use data to inform your decisions and are comfortable with performing quick analysis and building out longer-term initiatives through dashboards
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!