At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Our purpose is clear: Together, we’re building a better life for those who build our world.
As a Sr. Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll join the Product Design & Research team to support our latest and greatest cloud and SaaS based product offerings. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end from conducting research into the problem space through to designing the micro interactions that bring the products to life. You’ll tackle complex, multifaceted customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for our customers around the globe.
This role will collaborate closely with, and be supported by, other Product Designers who are working within the same space, but you’ll also work with Designers supporting on our wider Bluebeam portfolio of products.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for SaaS products on web, iOS, and Android platforms. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- In collaboration with our Design Research team, undertake user research and testing with our customers/users and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Tell the story of the customer/user, their jobs-to-be-done and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Be the voice of the customer ensuring that they are represented appropriately at every step in the design process and that we are elevating their needs and pain points appropriately.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work.
- Informally provide other Designers on the team with inspiration/mentorship/coaching/feedback and be a champion for your craft.
- Help to continue to introduce, evangelize and embed Lean UX Design processes within product delivery teams.
- Effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative and advocate for the Product Design & Research team.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 5 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive web and native mobile apps and a portfolio showing your processes and deliverables. We are interested in learning how you approach problems and think through them.
- Demonstrated experience designing for user interfaces, workflows, developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX and Design.
- A strong focus on usability and efficiency with a drive to simplify complex problems.
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics and a user centered approach to designing software for people.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships — with various cross functional team members and your manager.
- Ability to work well in an ego-free, collaborative, and cross-functional team.
- A confident design leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional, cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a dynamic sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You’re a team player. When you have direction, you have no problem charging ahead, and you are not afraid to raise your hand if you encounter something that is over your head—no one knows everything, and we all need support each other.
- You are excited and intend on raising the bar with smart, delightful solutions that solve real customer problems and align with wider company goals and priorities.
- You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into conflict with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
- A deep sense of accountability, fostering a high degree of responsibility within your product team and the wider Design team.
- Expert level fluency with modern design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin, InVision etc.
- A proven approach to discovering and mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working on SaaS products in a design agency, start up or digital product company.
To apply, please send the following:
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity – Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- You will have the opportunity for continuous professional development
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 2 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.