Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We’re now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your experience in Product Design to projects that will advance targeted genomic medicine and healthcare innovation?
As a Product Designer at Genomics England, you will utilise your UX & UI processes to craft conceptual ideas and bring cutting-edge new clinical products to life.
This is a core role in our organisation and your everyday will consist of designing intelligent, intuitive products and collaborating with product managers to define and realise the product vision and roadmap. You will need a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives to ideate, build and iterate products that are highly relevant, as well as improving and documenting our styles and component library.
Skills and Experience for Success
- Multi-channel product design experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of UX & UI design processes and methodologies
- Able to work end-to-end, from discovery to launch, and beyond
- Understanding of how to evaluate and interpret user research findings to wireframe and prototype solutions
- Knowledge of the WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and general practice
- A passion for collaborating with other designers, marketeers, product managers and third-party suppliers to implement service packages
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Desire to continually improve work through giving and receiving feedback
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, Miro etc
Strong portfolio of design work.
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we’re pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Generous pension scheme
- Individual learning budgets for every colleague
- A raft of other benefits