What you’ll do…
The Sam’s Club Product Team is focused on creating an incredible omnichannel shopping experience, bringing customers the best products at the best prices. We are a nimble group that comes from diverse backgrounds, yet guided by the same north star: to increase our customers’ satisfaction and retention by working quickly, cost-effectively and with a focus on having an impact. Together, with our partners in engineering, user experience design, analytics, operations, merchandising, supply chain, and marketing, we innovate and drive the future of retail by anticipating the needs of our customers.
Join the Sam’s Club Product Team and make an impact on the future of retail.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Director II, Product Management role at Sam’s Club could be the fit you’ve been looking for. This role is responsible for leading supply chain product management for one of the largest and most innovative retailers in the world, spanning 39 ambient and fresh distribution centers, 10 ecommerce fulfillment centers and includes platforms for warehouse management, transportation, planning, last-mile delivery experience, fulfillment automation, and more.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Defining vision and strategies for Omnichannel Supply Chain products – you will use your domain expertise, identifying market opportunities, leveraging customer insights, and building business cases
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategies, and manage risks
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – you will communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
Building an inclusive team environment – you will select, train, and mentor exceptional teams
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives – you will improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
- Acting with speed – Enabling yourself and your teams to execute, removing roadblocks and creatively finding ways to achieve your goal
We’re looking for a dynamic leader who is…
- A strong communicator who can evangelize product strategy and vision able to translate product strategy into roadmaps that drive results
- A leader and mentor raising the bar for product managers creating detailed specifications, functional and user interface design tradeoffs, and leading product launches
- An empathetic partner to customers – proactively anticipating requirements, influencing and guiding the team towards better solutions
- An innovative thinker able to synthesize data from multiple sources, including analytics, user research, operations research, and design, to identify key unmet needs and craft solutions
- Data-driven and analytical
- Highly collaborative working across a wide range of functions.
- Able to create efficient processes and able to identify ways to improve our product development for speed and efficiency
- Excited by adversity, ambiguous challenges, and the scale of one of the world’s largest retailers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 8 years’ experience in product management or related field OR 10 years’ experience in product management or related field.
- 4 years’ experience building and leading high performing teams.
- 6 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Building and leading high-performing teams, Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements.
- Leading product or solution development, proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact.
- Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General