Evaluate Ltd is a major international company providing outstanding market intelligence services for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device , Financial and Consulting sectors, through the Evaluate Pharma®, Evaluate Medtech®, Evaluate Omnium and Evaluate Vantage® online brands. Our international clients in Pharma and Biotech, Medtech, Banking and Consultancy regard Evaluate Pharma® as the industry’s gold standard for timely and accurate analysis of reported drug sales, consensus sales forecasts, R&D pipeline, markets and comprehensive company financials.
Scope Of Role
In this role as Product Owner Data Operations you will work on the internal bespoke data management platform (Neev) and be responsible for using your high-level perspective and detailed view to define goals and execute the vision for the Neev Product.
You will be the member of the Agile team who serves as the customer proxy responsible for working with Business Owners and other stakeholders. As Product Owner, you will require a solid understanding of users, future trends for the domain or type of system being developed. You will be an experienced Product Owner with an excellent track record who is driven to independently build and run a change management function within this data driven organisation.
You will be passionate about the customer experience and an inspiring and effective leader. You will have full ownership over the Change Management function within Data Operations including a small team to meet the growing demands of the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop and grow a function as well as be involved with a fabulous growth story with an organisation that really values their people and the contributions they make.
- You will be developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal; ensuring user stories are ‘Ready’
- You will be creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog items
- You will be identifying user and business needs and working with teams to develop strategic and scalable solutions
- Prioritising Product Backlog features/ items; and ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood
- Just-in-time story elaboration
Applying Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) – You will collaborate with your team to detail stories with acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests
- You will be tactically focused on product delivery, iteration and release planning
- Optimize the value of the dev team’s work and understand enabler work.
- You will assess and accept work completed – You will work with the team to agree on accepted story completion. This includes validating that the story meets acceptance criteria, that it has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise complies with its “Definition of Done” (DoD)
- You will take a primary role in inspecting and evaluating product progress through each iteration. Including defect management and positioning the product
- You will ensure collaboration across stakeholder business areas within the scope of the product, working closely with engineering, data operations, marketing, legal, UX, and product development teams
- You will own the wider implications of any business change from an organisational perspective. Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organisation
- You will work with Head of Data Operations and other support functions to ensure business resources are available to the project/product as needed
WHAT IT TAKES
- You will have experience on data-intensive / business process transformation projects
- You have an understanding of cross-cutting data heavy processes
- Experience of Managing the product backlog and providing direction for development based on stakeholder input and business requirements
- Experience running products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- You have a self-starter mindset, strong can-do attitude and team working spirit
- Knowledge and experience of Lean /Agile working
- Technically savvy – understanding of design, technology and data principles
- Experience of leading/supporting workshops with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to capture requirements and identify any potential risks/barriers as early as possible
- You have empathy with technical users and ability to elicit requirements from multiple stakeholders
- You are able to make data driven decision making – quantitative, experimentation-based problem-solving skills
- Collaborative approach and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Ability to understand the customer’s challenges and able to articulate a vision to solve challenges
- Advanced analytical skills. Ability to analyse and prioritise – transform requests/ideas into structured development agenda
- Understand Process redesign concepts to discover opportunities for streamlining processes
- Knowledge of UI/UX wire framing
Nice to have
- Pharma expertise would be beneficial
- 25 days holidays+ 8 bank holidays
- Value you day – one additional wellbeing day on top of your holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Corporate Gym Membership/Discount*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
(*following successful completion of probation period.)
Focus on the client. Our clients’ success is our success. We do our utmost to understand our clients and ensure they are successful in their roles.
Improve Be better. We strive to improve and innovate, challenging industry norms and ourselves.
Be one team. Communicate, collaborate, challenge. We believe that two heads are always better than one; in being generous with our time, and collaborating to get the job done.
Empower Enable Success. We empower each other to deliver, celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes.
Be Accountable Own it. We take responsibility and do the right thing. Through guidance and support we hold each other accountable.
Evaluate is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Evaluate operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.