Candide is a market network platform helping businesses and the public break new ground in the garden, through the application of technology. It’s the gateway to inspiration for garden visitors using exciting immersive technology and enabling quick, contactless ticketing for visitor access. We motivate the public to connect with nature and enable everyone to grow big and shop small, with curated online catalogs of plants, tools, and accessories from exceptional independent businesses.
Based in central Bristol, surrounded by the greenery of Queen Square and the floating harbor, we enable people to progress their passion for plants and nature. We are a team of over 70, openly putting our people first; we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together
Reporting to the Head of Partner Success, you will be responsible for the day-to-day account management of some of our key accounts including the Newt in Somerset. This will involve fielding questions from key stakeholders at the garden, managing staff training on Candide, and ensuring visitors are able to use the app effectively in the garden for tickets and an enhanced experience.
You will also be supporting the wider Gardens team to manage and balance the priorities and expectations of this key garden amongst Candide’s other commitments.
Alongside this, you will be responsible for documenting and sharing any possible bugs impacting ticketing and app use in the garden and feeding back on possible opportunities and issues staff and visitors are experiencing.
We are looking for an experienced, product-focused Account Manager keen to demonstrate their passion for plants, gardening, and the application of technology.
You will have robust and demonstrable experience in both project and stakeholder management and an understanding of product development and how to implement iterative improvements to existing products/features.
Some previous experience in a product background would be desirable and provides a potential path for someone looking to develop and diversify their career path at Candide.
Comfortable working with people at all levels of the business and able to foster strong working relationships you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, a clean driving license, and access to your own transport. You will be based at our beautiful Bristol office but required to travel to the Newt in Somerset regularly and further afield as the business grows.
Working at Candide
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth, and product.
All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap – an idea, a campaign or even a small product – with whomever they like.
For plants and people
● We aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
● We respect the backgrounds of everyone we interact with – within Candide and across the broader society in which we operate – and actively promote the inclusion of all.
For the collective win
● We work together openly in a transparent and no-blame culture, encouraging innovation to leverage new, emerging technologies and continuously adapt to rapidly seize opportunities
● We always act with honesty and integrity, whilst focussing on the needs of our customers.
● We respectfully use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values
What You’ll Get From Us
● 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
● An extra paid day off to spend among plants
● Regular team socials
● Your choice of equipment
● Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
● Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
● Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am – 4 pm)
● Enhanced shared parental leave
Please send a 1 or 2 page CV covering your employment history, relevant experience, and education to email@example.com. We recommend that you research the Candide website (candidegardening.com) and app (Candide) before submitting an application.