Make a positive, global impact with ZOLA Electric as the Interim Software Product Manager.
ZOLA is a leading technology company with differentiated solutions that can solve any emerging market energy access problem: rural, urban, off-grid, on-grid, residential or commercial. We are currently serving 1 million users, across two continents and over ten countries. ZOLA’s mission is to provide clean power everywhere.
The company was founded in 2012, and investors and partners include Tesla, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, Helios Investment Partners, EDF, Total, and GE Ventures. ZOLA Electric is a recipient of the UN Momentum for Change Award, the Zayed Future Energy Prize, and is a member of the Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit www.zolaelectric.com.
This may be your dream job if you dream of combining your knowledge and skills and passion toforackling the unique challenges that come with working in emerging markets and building a truly epic business.
To manage the development of ZOLA Electrics’ strategic initiatives through engagement with stakeholders on the software team and management of complex cross-functional projects to deliver the best value for the business within the allocated time frame.
- Engage with business stakeholders to validate product priorities and identify high impact featured projects for the prioritized list of tasks to be accomplished in the next quarter
- Draft roadmap for own business/product and run revisions with the identified stakeholders and developers to make the necessary software solution adjustments
- Communicate final and committed roadmap for the quarter to all stakeholders and update into documentation tool.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to review the quarterly roadmap and make the necessary adjustments for dates and deliverables, as and when required
- Define the collection of business metrics and methods of reporting
- Engage users of ZOLA products in exploration and validation for designs
- Engage business stakeholders to co-design and refine specifications to ensure the right product is being built and plan sprints with the development team
- Engage with external partners to deliver on specific software projects
- Write out requirements and specifications for development, QA, and data teams to execute on
- Troubleshoot and address issues and questions during the development of the product and coming in from stakeholders
- Communicate project progress to all stakeholders to convey timeframe of product feature release
- Engage with Support to ensure that software issues are addressed
- Contribute to strategy updates by feeding back results of user research or user analytics
- Leads the user science & empathy in the organization with user interviews to better understand users and fit products to users needs and behaviors
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Master’s degree / Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years experience in product management
- Experience managing development of web and/or mobile software
- Knowledge of current software technologies
- Knowledge of product management best practice and tools
- Knowledge of user research, product design, product testing, experimentation, software engineering
- Knowledge of data collection, extraction, and analysis
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus:
- Background in data analytics, data infrastructure, or IT architecture
- Experience in utility industry, mini-grid development in particular
- Interest in international development and positive social impact
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Enjoys cross-cultural collaboration, has strong communication skills and can work well with a team in person or remotely.
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills
The preferred location is Amsterdam / Europe, although this role can be considered for remote working. We have offices in East Africa, West Africa, Europe, and the western United States. You will need to be available for working meetings and collaboration with colleagues in these locations/time zones.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above criteria are welcome to apply.