At Zyte (formerly Zyte), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
Our comprehensive web crawling stack powers crawls of over 9 billion pages per month and is used by everyone from individual developers to Fortune 100 companies.
Defining process, developing talent, and guiding the growing team through the growth that we are experiencing is just the start. As a member of the leadership team, you will help set overarching business strategy and goals, identify opportunities, and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (internal & external). Ultimately, your responsibility is to ensure the success of Zyte’s products.
This is the role for you if:
- You’ve done this job before, either in a growth-stage company, or in a team/division experiencing exponential growth
- You’re eager to take advantage of a rare opportunity to lead a global product team in a category leading technology, with competitive salary and equity participation
- You will be responsible for the commercial success of Zyte’s product portfolio:
- Evaluate opportunities to determine which to pursue and, perhaps equally important, which not to pursue
- Know the customers better than anyone – using data to understand what they do (SaaS metrics, financial KPIs, usage data & analytics platforms), and talking to them to understand why
- You will be a key spokesperson for our products internally and externally and you should be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams.
- Lead our product culture and spearhead improvements as the Product team grows and Zyte expands:
- Creating a consistent methodology for iterative product development, to be used across all of Zyte: research, design, development, and delivery
- Enforcing Lean principles to ensure we are continually shipping & learning from real customers
- Reinforcing Zyte’s values (Open by Default, Team Players, Ambitious, Customer Centric) via our processes, and making sure we’re living them, as a team, in how we execute
- It goes without saying, but your role will include all of the standard parts of Product Management not already mentioned above:
- Own the product roadmaps and work with the leadership team to develop long term product strategy and the Go To Market strategy for the organisation as a whole.
- Develop strong partnerships with Engineering, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to create a well-rounded product offering
- Deep strategic thinking about our place in the market and how we will continue to differentiate ourselves in fulfilling customers’ web data needs
Education & Experience:
- 8+ years years experience in managing growing product development teams, ideally within a SaaS product environment. This includes recruitment, talent development, and adapting processes to an expanding team.
- Strong track record of delivering successful (commercially and otherwise) products
- Deep experience in the commercial side of product management, with past responsibility for the marketing, sales and full customer lifecycle around your product(s)
- Experience in building business cases for product investment decisions
- Great people skills: Insight into those you work with, coupled with the tact and humour to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Always persuadable by evidence: You are always open to changing your mind when the evidence dictates. Conversely, you use well structured data to inform your own opinions and persuade others.
- Technically competent: You are able to quickly learn and understand the technical details of Zyte’s products, and how/why our customers use them. This doesn’t mean that you need a formal software development background, but you will be involved in deeply technical decisions and conversations.
- A love of talking to customers and an insatiable curiosity to understand how and why they use Zyte’s products.
- Unwavering focus on results: revenue and growth targets, delivering quality features on-time, great NPS scores, etc – regardless of the metric, you love setting the bar high and driving for results.
- A great fit with Zyte’s culture