Head of Product, The Business of Fashion (London, UK)
The Business of Fashion is looking for an experienced and strategic Head of Product to drive and oversee the development, maintenance and performance of The Business of Fashion’s core digital products — including www.businessoffashion.com, as well as the newly launched BoF 500, www.businessoffashion.com/bof500, a live, visual index of the people shaping the global fashion industry — informed by market insight, technical knowledge and a deep understanding of the needs, desires and goals of the user.
This role will be a leader within this fast-growing organisation, helping to identify key initiatives for development and optimisation, as well as leading cross-functional teams to see those initiatives perform and succeed.
The Head of Product will demonstrate:
- Strategic thinking and the ability to conceive and shape digital products and features in the context of overall business goals.
- A passion for meeting user needs and wants.
- A confident grasp of technology and agile development.
- A deep understanding social media best practices.
- The ability to own the product development process from business need through to requirement gathering, launch, analysis and iteration.
- The ability to focus on existing initiatives while keeping an eye on future trends and opportunities for innovations.
- A laser-focus on detail.
- Take the lead in shaping and developing overall product strategy and roadmap for The Business of Fashion.
- Understand key audience/user needs, desires and behaviors.
- Identify short and long-term initiatives that optimise the user’s experience, be it on our website, mobile or platform applications.
- Work closely with the technical team to define product scope and delivering requirements.
- Effectively collaborate with technical, marketing, UX, and design to successfully drive projects through to completion.
- Create product roadmaps, ensuring projects are in line with key business objectives while maintaining focus on customer needs.
- Lead reporting on product initiatives, identifying areas of success as well as continued improvement.
- Communicating regularly with CEO and stakeholders; selling-through top-shelf projects that will enhance performance and experience.
Experience & Qualifications
- Five-six years of proven experience in Product Management in an online environment (preferably with a start-up for a portion of the time).
- Track record of launching consumer facing products and services.
- Experience mentoring and managing junior team members.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology.
- Technical experience as well as experience, or interest in the fashion and luxury industry preferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm, great energy and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical mind with excellent problem solving skills.
- A strong design and visual sensibility.
- Solid leadership and people management skills.
- Proactive, confident and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Mobile and tablet development experience.
- A working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and OmniPlan (or other PM software).
About The Business of Fashion
The Business of Fashion has gained a global following as an essential daily resource for fashion creatives, executives and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It is frequently described as “indispensable,” “required reading” and “an addiction.”
Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, a fashion business advisor, writer and digital entrepreneur, The Business of Fashion began as a project of passion, aiming to fill the void for an informed, analytical and opinionated point of view on the fashion business.
Today, the website has grown to leverage a network of savvy writers and fashion insiders in style capitals around the world, delivering fashion business intelligence on emerging designers, disruptive technologies and global brands that are making their mark on the industry at a time of unprecedented change.
The Business of Fashion has recently raised $2.5m in funding from a group of leading investors including LVMH and Index Ventures, and are now looking to scale the business.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a statement of your interest in working for The Business of Fashion.