We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a Lead Product Manager and help shape our expanding suite of privacy offerings.
As part of our growing team, you’ll be directly responsible for a major company objective. This involves collaborating with team members at all levels and working directly as an individual contributor on projects: running research, setting requirements, looking at data, ideating better solutions, and closing major gaps in our products. Examples of projects include developing new features in existing products and helping to define new privacy products. Note this role doesn’t have direct reports, as we collaborate in a distributed leadership model.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. In everything we do, we aim to uphold our values: build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction.
What you will do:
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing problems, proposing high-impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Oversee collaboration of cross-functional teams to define, prioritize, and develop new products or features.
- Take ownership of the product strategy for components of our privacy products.
- Partner with the User Insights team to get to know our current and prospective users.
- Maintain a high standard for product quality and help us meet it across our products.
- Represent the company externally, such as to current or potential partners.
- Understand how the privacy threat landscape is evolving and work with engineers to identify what new functionality we should integrate into our products to protect users against notable new threats.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience, including 4+ years in leadership roles related to product development/management (e.g., Head, Principal, Director, etc.).
- Experience leading features from inception through launch, including 2+ years of work on at least one product with a large, diverse user base (i.e., >500k weekly active users).
- Proven strategic leadership skills including goal-setting, roadmapping, and project resourcing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience leveraging experiments and data to inform product decisions.
- Experience collecting and learning from user feedback.
Excellent product intuition and taste.
- Aptitude for translating complex technical topics (e.g., privacy on the Internet) into simple product solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For over a decade, we’ve built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work (https://duckduckgo.com/assets/hiring/how_we_work.pdf) for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide (https://duckduckgo.com/assets/hiring/team_support_guide.pdf) explains how we make you our top priority.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it’s a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire (https://duckduckgo.com/assets/hiring/how_we_hire.pdf).
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.