About Be the Business
Led by Sir Charlie Mayfield Be the Business was launched in November 2017 with funding and support from the UK government and some of Britain’s leading companies. Be the Business exists to create a dynamic and competitive economy driven by higher levels of productivity. We work with the entire business community to learn from each other and to try new approaches to improve their productivity.
Adoption of technology and improved leadership and management practices are proven drivers of productivity. These areas are where we focus.
Our target market is small and mid-sized businesses (up to 250 employees). They account for two-thirds of all jobs in the UK but disproportionally are not as productive as they could be.
More details about Be the Business can be found on our website.
About this role
Be the Business is looking to grow its digital assets and data maturity with a clear strategic aim to serve customers the relevant content and products to help them improve their business’s productivity. You will lead product development to meet user needs and create scalable solutions with an aim to facilitate one million personalized support journeys for SME businesses.
Coming into a small team with a big vision, you’ll be entrepreneurial by nature and excited about the opportunity to shape a tech offering delivered either directly on Be the Business online or through shared assets with partners. Integration, automation and technical expertise is essential to transform the many moving parts of Be the Business into a high-functioning organisation. Working closely with the Strategic Ops Lead and the SME Engagement Lead, you will define solutions for internal and external user problems. You’ll lead the development of a large-scale digital platform that aligns multiple Be the Business products, as well as managing product lifecycle for a number of business-critical digital products. Developing best-in-class data integrations across first-party and third-party data sets, your work should amplify the impact of Be the Business online and offline programmes.
· Provide leadership and ownership of product and customer experience roadmap for digital product developments
· Deliver data infrastructure products which enable the developing data strategy to be realized
· Develop Be the Business digital products into shareable assets which can be utilised by partners and within the wider business support ecosystem
· Lead conversion rate optimisation on digital products for programmes and engagement, working closely with Comms and Marketing to direct strategic decisions for the optimisation of digital traffic
· Implement improvements for accessibility, inclusive design and web performance
· Manage the Digital Design Authority governance and decision making process ensuring new products meet digital strategy, data strategy, design principles and functional need
· Work closely with internal developer, Senior Content Manager and external suppliers to develop and deliver products
· Work closely with content team to ensure content meets functional need and is purposeful towards acquisition or activation of SME leaders to make productivity improvements
· Continually assess trends and customer behaviour using web analytics to identify, analyse and implement new innovations providing data, analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders on impact of digital products
· Line management of Web Developer, identifying and supporting personal development
Technology you’ll be working with and building on
· Wagtail CMS
· API products
· AWS hosting solutions and data lake
· Segment Customer Data Platform
· Integration work with internal tooling (such as Salesforce and Email Service Providers)
· Technical Product Management and development experience
· Data confidence and understanding of data design
· Line management experience – desirable specifically for managing technical roles
· Experience with sales conversion journeys for new customers
· Experience working in a high-paced organisation, providing key insight on digital products
· Collaborative team member with strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Alignment with Be the Business values
· 30 days holiday each year in addition to public holidays
· 10% contribution into a pension scheme with Hargreaves Lansdown
· Positive attitude to flexible working
· Health related and employee assistance benefits