SimpleReach is looking for a Product Manager to specialize in connecting teams and to bring forth innovations and improvements from customers, team members, and research, seeing ideas through to execution. We’re looking for people capable of working with a range of personalities and teams to be the point person on product initiatives.
As the Product Manager, you’ll work with engineering, design, and customer success teams to manage daily project development and execution. We’re looking for someone who is empathetic, collaborative, meticulously organized, and has outstanding communication skills to bring features to launch.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a centralized overview of project status/progress and giving active participants (designers, developers) and internal audiences (teammates, internal stakeholders) an up-to-date, clear view of where things stand.
- Acting as the connective, synchronized link between customer-focused teams, design teams, and engineers in order to refine our product and its feature set.
- Identifying and thinking through problems (project dependencies, blockers, risks), making sure the right people have the necessary information to reach a solution, and working with those people to resolve those issues.
- Translating your work to project specifications and documentation to be used for training sessions, marketing materials, and baseline knowledge to use in future feature iterations and refinements.
We want to talk to you if you:
- Have 3-5 years of product management experience OR 3-5 years of product engineering experience and want to transition roles and learn the product management side of things.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in-person and remote. Writing experience with product documentation, technical documentation, and customer correspondence is helpful, as is experience working with distributed teammates and distant stakeholders.
- Are an experienced system builder and coordinator, able to organize many different forms of information across teams and at scale with a disciplined, structured approach.
- Are extremely capable and effective working directly with designers, engineers, analysts, and customer-focused teammates. You are understanding, empathetic, and collaborative, but capable of asserting when decisions need to be made and leading teams through execution.
- Are experienced in applying design thinking to complex scenarios breaking things down into workable pieces. You can define resolutions by applying problem-focused or solution-focused methods.
What we work with:
- Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Dropmark, and plain pencil and paper for design work.
- Jira and Confluence for our engineering collaborations.
- Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel for analysis.
- Typeform, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and Salesforce for information gathering and research.
To apply, send us your resume, and in your email, tell us a little bit about you. What’s the most interesting thing you learned in the last month? What’s the coolest thing about you that’s not on your resume?