MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we’re on a mission to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people. We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can’t.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful ways to improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, raising results on average by one whole grade. Since the Covid-19 and all the disruption to education, we’ve worked with the government to provide safe and reliable tuition to more students than ever. We’re proud to have worked with over 650 schools across the UK, and our tutors have given over a million lessons.
Since the pandemic, we’ve scaled up and kept a working environment that encourages collaboration and support. We always prioritise our team’s development and wellbeing, remotely right now, and in an office again in the future. You can find your zen in team Yoga on Mondays, sweat it out at our Product Manager Jess’s Bootcamp on Fridays (not for the faint-hearted) or get creative at Drink & Draw from our Content Manager Mariota. We have regular company socials and there are chances every week to sit down with someone for a cuppa and a chat. When it’s legal, we’re excited to get back to in-person socials too (landscape drawing in the park, anyone?).
What we’re looking for
MyTutor is currently going through an exciting period of growth, as we’re now supporting over 30,000 disadvantaged children to catch up on lost lockdown learning this year, through our involvement with the government’s National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
We’re now looking for a new Product Manager to join our growing Product team of about 25 (and counting!). You’ll be reporting to our Head of Product and will be responsible for leading a squad and working closely alongside the wider business to both optimise our existing core offering and explore new product opportunities.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Working with data to understand our product KPIs
- Evolving our understanding of the market and our competitors
- Focussing on the customer – you’ll work closely with all areas of the business to gather insights including running user research, sending out surveys…and much more
- Shaping your squad’s strategy – with support from the wider business & leadership team
- Working closely with your team to build, deliver, measure, learn at a fast pace
- Helping lead the squad in executing its agile processes, seeking to optimise these as you go
- Working alongside smart, friendly and supportive teammates
- You love gathering insights and getting into the shoes of our users
- You’re comfortable setting long term goals and measures of success
- You’ll prioritise well between short term wins and longer term strategy
- You’ve shipped great products in a fast growing company before
- You’re happy working with a technical team that deals with ambiguity every day
- You’re able to define and articulate a product strategy and roadmap to your stakeholders
- You’re passionate about sharing knowledge and hearing new ideas
- What we’re doing here at MyTutor excites you
- Don’t quite tick all the boxes? Don’t worry – we’d still love to hear from you
- Investment in your learning with a personal L&D budget of up to £350
- Your own laptop and hardware (we can help you set up a home office if WFH)
- Workplace pension
- Share option package
- Private Healthcare option through BUPA
- Enhanced parent policies
- Cycle, tech and gym schemes
- Mentor/mentee scheme
- Regular team events & socials (we’ve just had a remote Sofar
- Sounds gig and wine tasting!)
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- A culture that champions wellbeing with monthly workshops and 1:1 coaching
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and we have set up our own EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.