Head of Product
Location: Shoreditch, London
Start Date: As soon as possible, but July latest
Closing Date: Friday 19 May 2017
We’re hiring a new Head of Product to join our fantastic team. This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and hugely rewarding environment with significant responsibility and ownership in shaping product culture, strategy and delivery, having a massive impact on everything that we do.
Our product forms the backbone of Apps for Good, serving our teachers, students and volunteers and enabling us to reach over 100,000 young people since launch. As we continue to scale across the UK and globally, you’ll be joining at a pivotal time to build the next generation of our learning platform. You will get to work in a fast-growing tech non-profit and have a 12-18 month paid tour of making a real difference in directly affecting the future of tens of thousands of teachers and young people around the world.
Want to know who filled the role before you? Read this blog post from our outgoing Head of Product, Ruairi Doyle, who joined us from Google.
- Own all aspects of the Product function, including managing our product and UX/UI development partner, roadmap, content, processes, delivery and budgets in a fast-paced agile environment
- Drive the continued development and/or evolution of our product portfolio which currently includes our e-learning platform, public website and annual student app development
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights using data and user feedback, to plan and prioritise deliverables
- Evaluate roadmap, deliverables and product features with our Senior Management Team
- Join forces with our external development partner team at NetGuru by scoping and conveying clear business and technical requirements, participate in daily stand ups, retrospectives and weekly sprint planning. Support and optimise end to end processes
- Collaborate with all functions within the organisation to manage team dependencies
- Help scope, build, launch and measure impact of new educator and student products
- Own operational data and metrics and help shape a data and test driven culture at Apps for Good to continually anticipate and meet the needs of educators and students in 21st century learning
We would like you to have:
- 3-5 years experience in a Head of Product or Product Management role
- Strong design and/or development background with ability to think through product decisions related to broader organisation goals
- Excellent self-starter, communicator and team player who can collaborate effectively with non-technical project leads, designers, developers and agency project managers
- Data driven and want to eat metrics for breakfast
- Excellent communicator of roadmap and product decisions and know the rationale behind them
- Excellent organisational skills and experience in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Driven by the impact and opportunity we have to inspire and change young people’s lives
- Data Protection experience or at least willingness to learn it (desirable)
- Experimentation and a/b testing (desirable)
- App development production (desirable)
You will report directly to Iris Lapinski, our Founder & CEO, with a dotted line to Heather Picov, our UK Managing Director. You’ll get to work daily with our internal product owners Natalie (Education), Amy (Fellowship), Freddie (Experts) and Donna (Learning Content), and NetGuru, our agile design and development partner.
This is a 12-18 month commitment but we are open to longer term and happy to extend. It’s full-time and based in our office in Shoreditch, London. We have flexible working options, generous holiday allowance and you get your birthday off.