Position: Product Manager
Salary: Up to £67,270 per annum
Start date: ASAP
BMJ is seeking a Product Manager to join their Product Team.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction and development of our new Comorbidities product which forms part of our flagship clinical decision support product, BMJ Best Practice. You will own the development of the existing product to cement its position in the secondary care market internationally, and, working closely with the editorial, UX, marketing and development teams you will deliver new offerings to solve the growing global problem of comorbidities and inequalities in health, putting customer and user needs at the centre of what you do.
You will also own the roadmap for the treatment pathways in BMJ Best Practice to deliver clinical knowledge to healthcare professionals at the point of care.
You will be part of a dynamic team of product managers and a technical development team committed to delivering BMJ’s mission of delivering smarter clinical decision support to improve healthcare outcomes globally.
To be a successful candidate, you will be an experienced product manager who is passionate about solving market problems in healthcare.
- Own the product development and delivery for the Comorbidities product and treatment pathways within BMJ Best Practice
- Engage with customers and users to understand their problems, needs and priorities and deliver solutions to meet them, specifically around comorbidities in primary and secondary care
- Understand how to use data to help the business drive commercial decisions and growth opportunities.
- Leverage metrics to track progress on customer needs and ensuring that product efforts move those metrics.
- Champion the needs of customers, users and Product Managers.
- Be close to the clinical decision support market and emerging technologies
- Proven experience in digital product development using Agile as the owner of a product or sizable feature of a complex product.
- A passion for delivering clinical products that solve problems for healthcare professionals globally
- A clinical background would be desirable with experience in product development within healthcare preferential
- Experience of user and customer (buyer) focused discovery.
- Need to demonstrate customer and market empathy. Have a deep understanding of customers, end users and competitors to build and support products that customers and users want to use. The role holder will consult extensively with colleagues in Product, Marketing, UX and Tech to achieve this.
- Able to understand the company technology stack at a high level.
- The successful candidate will have excellent skills in influencing and negotiating ensuring all stakeholders understand decisions and plans, are aware of developments and the prioritisation of that development.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organizational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focussing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
– Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA – Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
– Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
– Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
– Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12%
– Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform.
– Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
– Seven x salary life assurance cover
– Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in