About the Company
At Troupe, our mission is to help people travel more often together. Our platform makes planning a trip with friends frictionless and fun by building consensus, sharing ideas and booking together. Travel has ground to a halt in the last year and is now reemerging on the tailwinds of pent-up demand and an unceasing desire to see friends again. Troupe is perfectly positioned to take advantage of the rebound and we’re looking for great people to join us!
We’re a startup in the heart of New York City, with initial funding and support from a globally-recognized consumer travel brand. We love to travel because it allows us to learn from the world around us, explore new cultures, and push ourselves outside our comfort zone. We’re passionate about sharing that love with our users and we hope you are too.
About the Role
This is the perfect role for someone with product experience who wants to have a big impact on a consumer-facing product in its early stages. We are looking for someone who is creative in designing valuable solutions to real user problems, who identifies hypotheses to test with users and is laser focused on the most valuable problems to solve. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for user research and interviews, prioritizing sprints, determining the product roadmap and working closely with engineers and designers.
We are a highly collaborative team that values communication, culture, and diversity of thought above technical skill. You will be expected to help grow and scale that philosophy in every interaction with users and colleagues.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with engineers, designers, and product managers on identifying, prioritizing, and scoping features
- Using user interviews to shape the long-term product roadmap, differentiating critical jobs-to-be-done from nice-to-haves
- Helping shape the product roadmap by understanding the pains of group travel and suggesting how we might deliver valuable solutions to our users
- Working with marketing to analyze distribution strategies and optimize for user acquisition and product retention
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in consumer-facing web and/or mobile applications
- Someone who loves interviewing users to shape the product roadmap and new features
- A highly organized, excellent communicator
- Experience writing stories and working closely with engineers to make them estimation-ready
- Experience prioritizing bugs and new features, shaped by the long-term product roadmap
- Familiarity with Kanban and Sprint methodologies (bonus: you’ve read The Goal and know how to apply it to you work)
What makes you a great candidate:
- You love exploring the world with the people special to you
- You love devising simple solutions to test hypotheses and analyze results
- You believe that ruthless prioritization drives results
- You’re empathetic towards users, stakeholders, and your peers
- You work collaboratively across functions, and take input and ideas from those around you
- You’re welcoming of diverse thought and can facilitate complex discussions about tradeoffs
- Bonus: You’ve worked at a startup with 10-20 engineers
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to build something from the ground up – just as you believe it should be
- A culture where product and company direction is driven by a passion for delivering real value to our users and determined by a search for the truth, debate, discussion, and invention.
- All the thrills of a startup with the certainty of a corporate backer.
- A collaborative work environment headquartered in New York City near Grand Central. We operate on a 3-2-2 workweek. For the right candidate, we would consider remote working as well.
- Benefits: competitive salary, 401(k), insurance coverage from day one, and unlimited PTO.
What we’re working with:
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diversity contributes to a better product and stronger team. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.