We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
We need you to help us build a platform that our engineers rely on to deliver product features safely, quickly, and confidently.
Product Management at Simple is responsible for defining the vision, strategy and roadmap in order to realize our vision of better banking and the technology platform it’s built upon. This is an exciting opportunity at Simple to build the practice of Technical Product Management from the ground up. As a Technical Product Manager working on our platform, you’ll work closely with engineers and engineering managers to learn how to improve the tools, processes, and systems they use every day. You’ll work directly with the engineers building our web and mobile apps, our core systems, our cloud infrastructure, and our data infrastructure to create services and tools that accelerate product development.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead platform teams to serve your customers across engineering and make product development easier, safer, and faster.
- Define technical product vision, strategy and roadmap for our platform teams.
- Define success by setting clear performance objectives and goals for the team to work towards.
- Understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your teams to create a prioritized backlog that advances their goals.
- Tell stories showing your team’s work within the team itself and outward to the company.
- Anticipate and discover changes in the landscape and incorporate third-party and hosted products into our platform when appropriate.
- Partner with engineers to surface technical debt and pay it down within the team’s development process.
- Model accountability and use it to foster a culture of continuous improvement, learning from successes and failures alike.
- Help us maintain just enough process as the organization grows to optimize for delivery, whether that’s being an evangelist for agile processes or arguing against prioritization matrices.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years in an engineering leadership or product management role shaping strategy and vision for the infrastructure engineers rely on across web, mobile, and core services stacks.
- Demonstrated experience building, shipping, and supporting production code as an engineer.
- Comfort using data to measure and learn from building internal tools, services, and infrastructure. Curiosity to complement the data with direct conversations.
- Experience writing quality user stories, gathering requirements, and working with agile methodologies is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively and concisely in all mediums and all levels, especially when telling stories or presenting to an audience.
- Demonstrated leadership working across teams and levels of responsibility, including managing executive leaderships, stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, for your own time and for others’.
- A passion for learning and growing your skills.
- A positive, solution-minded attitude.
- Quality humans – we like and respect each other.
What Else Can We Tell You:
We’re looking for candidates who are excited about both Simple and product management. Simple offers competitive salaries and great benefits. We’re a supportive, nurturing place to work, committed to improving our employees’ quality of life. We believe in your growth, encouraging and subsidizing conference participation and continuing education. Just like you, we’re passionate about our work, and can get pretty nerdy about it sometimes.
We know our industry has a diversity problem. By joining Simple, you’ll help us address this by supporting a diverse, inclusive workplace, and participating in industry initiatives to this end. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you’re on the fence about whether to apply or not, we say go for it!
Please include a cover letter telling us something awesome about you and the projects you’ve worked on, along with the best product management book you’ve ever read, regardless of claimed subject. (You like “The Design of Everyday Things?” So do we.) Applications without a cover letter won’t be considered.
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter more to us than raw technical chops. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Based in Portland, Oregon– a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.