Have you ever dreamed of being paid to play football? The crowds cheering, the grass soft underfoot. Well, we can’t help you with that, but we can give you the opportunity to keep the pitch in good working order!
We’re looking for an ambitious Product Manager to lead development and delivery of a tool to revolutionise sports pitch management, which if successful could lead to a divisional leadership position. Apply now if the overlap of technology and sports gets you excited!
At Vivacity, our goal is to make cities smarter. While most of our business is in transport, improving data collection on the roads, we have joined forces with a partner in the sports pitch management industry to put our technology at the heart of the smart sports pitch management system pioneered by https://www.intelligent-play.com.
Installed in prime locations with major sports clubs across the world, this technology is revolutionising the way that sports pitches are managed, with real-time data on usage and maintenance in order to improve pitch management.
About the role
You will be leading the iteration of Vivacity’s technology for this application, working closely with our technology team, our partners, and the clients in order to build an ever-improving product. You will have a huge amount of autonomy, with a dedicated tech team and full responsibility for long-term success of this product. In time, this role could lead to management of a separate division delivering this capability, with ultimate P&L responsibility.
To be successful in this role you should have an entrepreneurial growth mindset, with no job too small in the early days but one eye on the big picture. You also have great client empathy, with a client-first approach which drives your thinking and you have previously applied in a product role. You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and are excited about working with significant autonomy.
We welcome applications from all candidates and embrace diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Lead product development, bridging the gap between commercial and technical capabilities
- Lead the partner relationship, being the primary point of contact both operationally and technically
- Work closely with our partner on iterating the product, including user research, story creation, technical & UX translation, and user feedback
- As you and the product grow, expand and lead a team to deliver all future needs of this relationship, including operational, technical, and commercial
Requirements for the role
- Undergraduate degree (BSc/BA) or 3 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years in a client facing role such as project management, customer success, and/or product management
- Strong product experience, with the technical understanding required to work with a complex AI product
- Excellent communication skills, able to translate complex technology for end-users with no technical experience
- A preference for autonomy and self-sufficiency
- A passion for sports
Any of the following would strengthen your application
- Experience in high-growth environments
- Experience in the sports management industry
- Experience running your own start-up or autonomous venture
We offer flexible working policies and a benefits package that includes a personal development budget, an annual company away trip, and regular, varied events. This is an exciting opportunity to take an active part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work.